Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Gigafactory Texas Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The statements just don't match with reality though. EDDs are being pushed monthly for the last 3 months. New orders have slipped to a range of 8-12 months. The white knighting by people who paid for FSD and/or Performance editions is hilarious though. Delivering within 3-4 months is NOT what a vast majority of people are experiencing.
100%. Ordered Nov 11, EDD September. No FSD. Great for gross margins, though.

The statements just don't match with reality though. EDDs are being pushed monthly for the last 3 months. New orders have slipped to a range of 8-12 months. The white knighting by people who paid for FSD and/or Performance editions is hilarious though. Delivering within 3-4 months is NOT what a vast majority of people are experiencing.
What statements? Where do you see 3-4 months anywhere on Tesla.com when you order? MYP? Jun-Jul 2022. All Other are October 2022 or later. The majority of people order LR so yes the majority of people aren't seeing 3-4 month EDDs as they shouldn't.

are we able to order an austin produced car? have they started deliveries of austin made cars that is not to employees?
Can you go to Tesla.com and order a Standard Range AWD? When you see a SR AWD listed, that is from Austin. It will be on Tesla.com before it is on here so just save a step and keep checking Tesla.com/modely/design
1650656406004.png

The statements are that they claim they will build and deliver 1.2 million more cars in 2022. We're nearly halfway thru the year. How do they plan to do that when they can't get some August and September orders filled??? Just screw everyone who isn't in CA? Do they have 1.2 million customers there? That seems to be the only place they deliver cars. And Fremont is going to build 1.2 million cars?

The statements are that they claim they will build and deliver 1.2 million more cars in 2022. We're nearly halfway thru the year. How do they plan to do that when they can't get some August and September orders filled??? Just screw everyone who isn't in CA? Do they have 1.2 million customers there? That seems to be the only place they deliver cars. And Fremont is going to build 1.2 million cars?
Actually, they said at least 1.5M in 2022, a 60% increase from 2021.
Fremont makes about 5000 MY a week, M3/MY at least 500K/yr. MS/MX some 100K/yr.
Berlin is ramping up. Austin is ramping up.
China will make better than 750K M3/MY this year.

In short, they'll make those stated numbers and probably more unless SHTF.
They'll make more EV's in 2022 than nearly all the other EV manufacturers combined, which are gonna have supplier issues like crazy.

So you'll get your order. But waiting is difficult, especially when you spend too much time on this blog. :)

There are unfulfilled Aug and Sep orders because at every opportunity presented they fill a FSD order first, regardless of month it was ordered, before a non-FSD order. Nov and more recent orders are filling... because it's all about gross revenue. FSD and short-haul deliveries rule the day and will until the order dynamics (non-Cali and/or non-FSD) change. It sure seems like they allot like 100 non-FSD orders a quarter, hence some Aug orders without FSD are finally getting filled.

No, I think Fremont has a max capacity of 500k annual. The total #'s are global. Otherwise they could be offering up a mixture of hopium and saying what the analysts want to hear.

There are unfulfilled Aug and Sep orders because at every opportunity presented they fill a FSD order first, regardless of month it was ordered, before a non-FSD order. Nov and more recent orders are filling... because it's all about gross revenue. FSD and short-haul deliveries rule the day and will until the order dynamics (non-Cali and/or non-FSD) change. It sure seems like they allot like 100 non-FSD orders a quarter, hence some Aug orders without FSD are finally getting filled.

Tesla will deny that but it might be the only thing that makes sense. And it seems to include sales of any model or feature increasing profit versus the plain vanilla models.

Tesla will deny that but it might be the only thing that makes sense. And it seems to include sales of any model or feature increasing profit versus the plain vanilla models.
the history of USA factory shipments has been broadly on the following script:
1st month of Quarter - international (ie Canada and Mexico), with some remnants of prior quarter for local delivery
2nd month of Quarter - east coast and midwest shipments, timed to allow for transport and delivery before EoQ
3rd month of Quarter - western US deliveries, again timed to allow for transfers to be completed before EoQ

there are many additional variables, choose whichever you prefer to believe as your primary delay factor, but it's essentially random.

They can play off long delivery times for the lower margin configurations as "supply chain" and we've been conditioned as a people worldwide to accept that as a valid excuse for the last 2 years. I will say that loading up on options does help as much as singularly adding FSD. I ordered every option (7-seats, 20", tow, MSM when it wasn't free), except FSD, and I'm still waiting, but I think 7-seaters must lower the margin to the point of having the opposite effect of adding FSD, which can only be countered by adding FSD.

Does anyone actually give a hoot about gross revenue? I would have thought that net revenue and, much more importantly, profit would be what people care about. You can have all the gross revenue in the world and still be going broke.

Selling FSD is fantastic for profits-- zero cost of goods for incremental sales.
I bet people do that make the sheets that include it, as well as people that argue/flaunt things like who's got the biggest number (we know anyone like that?) but yes, ultimately it's about margin/profit.

the history of USA factory shipments has been broadly on the following script:
1st month of Quarter - international (ie Canada and Mexico), with some remnants of prior quarter for local delivery
2nd month of Quarter - east coast and midwest shipments, timed to allow for transport and delivery before EoQ
3rd month of Quarter - western US deliveries, again timed to allow for transfers to be completed before EoQ

there are many additional variables, choose whichever you prefer to believe as your primary delay factor, but it's essentially random.
Can confirm from Canada that this is not the case for first month

Reactions: rypalmer