Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Gigafactory Texas Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They can play off long delivery times for the lower margin configurations as "supply chain" and we've been conditioned as a people worldwide to accept that as a valid excuse for the last 2 years. I will say that loading up on options does help as much as singularly adding FSD. I ordered every option (7-seats, 20", tow, MSM when it wasn't free), except FSD, and I'm still waiting, but I think 7-seaters must lower the margin to the point of having the opposite effect of adding FSD, which can only be countered by adding FSD.
Wish you were right about that. I've got lots of options and 2 10-14 day windows that have come and gone. Back on a month long EDD with not much hope left in sight.

The statements are that they claim they will build and deliver 1.2 million more cars in 2022. We're nearly halfway thru the year. How do they plan to do that when they can't get some August and September orders filled??? Just screw everyone who isn't in CA? Do they have 1.2 million customers there? That seems to be the only place they deliver cars. And Fremont is going to build 1.2 million cars?
They dont only build cars in Fremont. US is not their only market.

Wish you were right about that. I've got lots of options and 2 10-14 day windows that have come and gone. Back on a month long EDD with not much hope left in sight.
What was the EDD when you placed your order? What did the webpage say? Not any emails or anything you’ve seen since then. What did Tesla.com say? More often than not, that is more accurate. For instance, right now the window is October 2022-January 2023.

Said March right after the order. Then changed who know how many times in the last 6 months. The 10 day window showed in late February (for a mid-March EDD) but pushed about 5 days ahead of it, then 14 day window in late March (for a late April delivery) but pushed about 4 days before that started.

We've had all the emails/texts people say are "signs a VIN is imminent". Most of them in March/April. Doesn't seem to mean anything.

Tesla never says anything but the canned "the app is the best estimate for your delivery" and nothing else. They ignore any other questions you ask and essentially feels like a bot is responding.

Said March right after the order. Then changed who know how many times in the last 6 months. The 10 day window showed in late February (for a mid-March EDD) but pushed about 5 days ahead of it, then 14 day window in late March (for a late April delivery) but pushed about 4 days before that started.

We've had all the emails/texts people say are "signs a VIN is imminent". Most of them in March/April. Doesn't seem to mean anything.

Tesla never says anything but the canned "the app is the best estimate for your delivery" and nothing else. They ignore any other questions you ask and essentially feels like a bot is responding.

I think sometimes the data in these orders get mucked up. An SA took a peek at my order the other day and said she couldn't make any sense it. I didn't ask her specifics but coincidentally she ordered a similar vehicle about the same time as mine.

I refused my MYP today, or at least told them to fix the alignment issues before I would accept. posted some pics in the florida thread. Car was also filthy. I don't really care that they didn't detail it and it wouldn't have stopped me from taking delivery but I have never seen a new car delivered to a customer covered in white dust , sand, watermarks and mudges. . Window sills and had sand and you can see the line on the window where it opens when you open the door which is caused by the sand . If they fix the issues I'll take delivery after othewise I am thinking of just cutting my losses and backing out or at the least going back to the LR.

I refused my MYP today, or at least told them to fix the alignment issues before I would accept. posted some pics in the florida thread. Car was also filthy. I don't really care that they didn't detail it and it wouldn't have stopped me from taking delivery but I have never seen a new car delivered to a customer covered in white dust , sand, watermarks and mudges. . Window sills and had sand and you can see the line on the window where it opens when you open the door which is caused by the sand . If they fix the issues I'll take delivery after othewise I am thinking of just cutting my losses and backing out or at the least going back to the LR.
When paying luxury car money, the least expected is cleanliness and refitting panel gap at the dealership. Tesla for as long as I know has had low service quality and that shows focus on technology and not on end customer

Ugh, sorry for that experience. My guess is that it was an end of March reject. Inexcusable behavior regardless though.

When paying luxury car money, the least expected is cleanliness and refitting panel gap at the dealership. Tesla for as long as I know has had low service quality and that shows focus on technology and not on end customer
It looks like it depends on particular Tesla store. My local store was good and delivered a car in a very clean condition, no complains.
I would recommend to check reviews for your local Tesla before scheduling delivery and pick the best location if possible. Btw, I did the same for my local BMW and Lexus dealers. Some are way better than others. It doesn't excuse bad customer delivery service by some Tesla locations, just something we can do to improve our chances.

We are experiencing the same thing over in the M3P sub-forum. I feel like Tesla knows the real lead times are 6-9 months out but they tell you other wise. That way you buy, wait, and not cancel by constantly pushing up your edd date in 30 day increments.

The theory that they're only making a few dozen per day, and most are going to employees still makes sense.

After that my bet is early shipments to fleet buyers, and eventual rollout to the public.... when it suits them and unknown-other-conditions are met (like changes to existing MYLR, or quality levels on the texas cars, or mysterious supplies of something hit a certain volume...)

PS Can we safely laugh at all the fakers with Austin-VIN cars now?