Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Gigafactory Texas Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why would you delay for front casting? It wasnt a feature when you ordered. It isn’t a feature now. You might as well delay for active suspension and rocket thrusters.
Ha, Rocket thrusters. With the extended wait times you know and hope your car has the latest feature. It not like buying a car where the updates are annual. Part of being a Tesla owner is being ahead of the curve in my opinion. In some ways it's about the latest and greatest so why would you not want a beneficial feature. If it's something you want then it's your choice to wait if it's smoke and mirrors and never comes that's your choice. Also with Tesla carrot dangling style of vehicle promotion I am not surprised. Perhaps it's sour grapes because some people chose not to wait and missed out on a great feature. Who cares it's just personal choice.

Reactions: RoyT and preilly44
Given the MYSR seems to weigh as much as the LR/P, I would not count on a weight improvement on a front cast LR/P. Range is still up in the air, but all indications so far are that the 4680s aren't anything special and wont have much, if any, extra range.

I would not presume that current pack packaging methods of the MYSR in Austin will stay the same. I'll give it half a year before I draw any conclusions about weight.
As for range, that is a matter of how many kWh Tesla puts in the Model Y. The 4680 packs have room to grow.

Reactions: cusetownusa
I'm hoping @Ron J. is having fun driving around in his new Model Y :cool:
Still less than 100 miles on my new MY. However, I've been busy installing a few add-ons. The only issues I found with the vehicle was a couple of very small paint chips and a couple cases of minor interior trim panel misalignment. I'll be seeing the Tesla service guys on Wednesday.

I have noted that with my new MY the estimated remaining range drops nearly 2 miles for each 1 mile actually driven (all suburban driving and no high speed on the freeway). This is probably just a case of new batteries that need to be cycled a couple of times before they come up to their nominal capacity. I've seen a similar effect with new laptop PCs and other mobile electronic devices with lithium-ion rechargeable batteries.

Still less than 100 miles on my new MY. However, I've been busy installing a few add-ons. The only issues I found with the vehicle was a couple of very small paint chips and a couple cases of minor interior trim panel misalignment. I'll be seeing the Tesla service guys on Wednesday.

I have noted that with my new MY the estimated remaining range drops nearly 2 miles for each 1 mile actually driven (all suburban driving and no high speed on the freeway). This is probably just a case of new batteries that need to be cycled a couple of times before they come up to their nominal capacity. I've seen a similar effect with new laptop PCs and other mobile electronic devices with lithium-ion rechargeable batteries.
Or possibly because it’s new and having instant torque can be a habit. Don’t think I got 170 miles out of my YP the week I got it.

'Lumbar support' is a ymmv. I find it to be really uncomfortable. My wife thinks it is wonderful when she is the driver, but in the passenger seat she reclines the seat and does not want it.
So because you don’t like it means the best option is to just remove it from all the cars? Cool.

You can admit this company does some really stupid things even if you overall like the cars.