Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Gigafactory Texas Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a sneaking suspicion that we will never see the 4680s in the Performance models. We can talk about raw material scarcity, logistics, etc. but something clearly didn't go as planned here. Or maybe... the plan all along was to only have the 4680 sit in the SR/LR tier?
Could they bring the “tabless” coolness to smaller batteries? From a performance standpoint, smaller will always be better than bigger.

What a useless thread. A lot of angry people here.
After 239 pages, I am none the wiser.
This is me right now:

lost-john-travolta.gif

For whatever it's worth, picked up my wife's MYSR today from the showroom in San Antonio. They had about 12 vehicles, almost all MY's lined up for deliveries schedule throughout the day. There is a parking lot across the street that is packed with what looked like mostly MY's. I think the dam is breaking and more vehicles should get delivered.

Ordered MYP 26MAY and took up the option to get a MYSR. Got delivery options last week to pick up from 13-17JUNE. Got it today.

For whatever it's worth, picked up my wife's MYSR today from the showroom in San Antonio. They had about 12 vehicles, almost all MY's lined up for deliveries schedule throughout the day. There is a parking lot across the street that is packed with what looked like mostly MY's. I think the dam is breaking and more vehicles should get delivered.

Ordered MYP 26MAY and took up the option to get a MYSR. Got delivery options last week to pick up from 13-17JUNE. Got it today.

The assembly line and deliveries go into overdrive at the end of the quarter in a chaotic attempt to make production delivery numbers and the hope of making quarterly earnings projections.

what’s your hot take on the car?
This is our first one, so we don’t have a baseline to go against. Been absorbing information from everyone here in the forums.

We’re pretty happy though, helps that prices continue to go up and we’re at the finish line. Everything with delivery was smooth here in San Antonio. We only noticed two issues at delivery: some gunk on the front right number that I’ll remove with goo gone, and the driver side interior trim near the B pillar has a noticeably larger gap than the passenger side.

There is a learning curve for us on how everything works, but it’s only day two.

Put about 50 miles on it commuting around tow day one. Hooked up the wall charger to it (48A) and recharged at about 42-45mph. Oh, and it did come with a mobile connector too that we didn’t opt for. Don’t know who’s mistake that was, but we’ll take it.

This is our first one, so we don’t have a baseline to go against. Been absorbing information from everyone here in the forums.

We’re pretty happy though, helps that prices continue to go up and we’re at the finish line. Everything with delivery was smooth here in San Antonio. We only noticed two issues at delivery: some gunk on the front right number that I’ll remove with goo gone, and the driver side interior trim near the B pillar has a noticeably larger gap than the passenger side.

There is a learning curve for us on how everything works, but it’s only day two.

Put about 50 miles on it commuting around tow day one. Hooked up the wall charger to it (48A) and recharged at about 42-45mph. Oh, and it did come with a mobile connector too that we didn’t opt for. Don’t know who’s mistake that was, but we’ll take it.
Contact your Advisor so they know about the pillar gap. Then make an appointment via the app for them to fix it for free.

When you have a chance, mind taking a loom to see if there are cargo tie down points in the trunk? The Europe and China produced Ys have four tie down points, and it’s the one feature I’m holding out for. Thanks!

IIRC, someone here managed to get their hands on an internal Tesla memo that broke out the timelines for each current and future model. From what I recall, the "gen 2" or facelifted Y was scheduled to come out in 2023 or 24, which I surmise is when we will see some of these bigger changes. Does anyone have that chart handy?

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
IIRC, someone here managed to get their hands on an internal Tesla memo that broke out the timelines for each current and future model. From what I recall, the "gen 2" or facelifted Y was scheduled to come out in 2023 or 24, which I surmise is when we will see some of these bigger changes. Does anyone have that chart handy?
That would be great timing for my lease end next year.