Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Gigafactory Texas Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
but you're letting this blog decide what you want
In what way? I've placed my order and I've already decided what matters to me in my future car.
For my Model 3 I didn't have the options I would have liked because they weren't available yet.
Now for my Y, they are offering alternative cars for faster delivery that are coming from Austin, but they don't have the options I want, so I'm choosing to wait.
Nothing in this forum is affecting anything about my choice.

In what way? I've placed my order and I've already decided what matters to me in my future car.
For my Model 3 I didn't have the options I would have liked because they weren't available yet.
Now for my Y, they are offering alternative cars for faster delivery that are coming from Austin, but they don't have the options I want, so I'm choosing to wait.
Nothing in this forum is affecting anything about my choice.
Would you accept a Fremont vehicle? If not, why does it have to be Austin? It would seem some information has been saying you need to get a vehicle form Austin if that is the case.

I'm in Texas , <20 miles from the factory, it seems anti-Texan not to get an Austin car :D
The question is still why? What if you could get one faster from Fremont? Would you reject it for one from Austin? And again, there has to be something other than "Texas!" as an answer. What makes you think Texas built MY will be better? Unless you have some inside information, I think the point made above about this board influencing your decision of Texas vs Fremont is valid. I am not saying it is a bad thing, just that it is influencing your decision. Nothing wrong and great that you are seeking knowledge on a big decision (although much information here and elsewhere online is not entirely true).

They make a big difference in your opinion? There’s always something new and changes that get implemented. It’s hard to keep up.
The main functionality of them haven't even been enabled even though they're now legal in the US. Tesla may not even program the headlights to work how they're supposed to(though I do believe they will eventually get to it).

However, even in their current mode Matrix projectors do provide more light coverage than the older reflectors.

Last edited:
Reactions: NJEV-Don
What’s the MY Matrix?
headlights - so far only MY-P have had them
nope... I was making a joke about the Matrix movie and people being batteries.. guess it wasn't as obvious as I had thought....

BTW... yesterday was the last day to order a Tesla with free lifetime standard connectivity (navigation) it is still free for 8 years which should cover the car for most ofits life.

• Funny
Reactions: byeLT4 and Bridge
I remember reading through some threads about it where they stopped adding Matrix lights to all but theM3 Performance starting in Q2
Maybe due to China increasing capacity and M3 not being exported from Fremont to Europe where they need the Matrix lights to get around not having headlight washers. So they don’t need to add them to all Fremont cars so they can export whichever cars they want instead of having to switch production.

That 4680 dissassembly pretty much explained that extra weight was coming from the 4680 housing . They expect the thickness to reduce eventually but as of now they couldn't bend that stainless around the battery by hand even after it was straightened . Still odd silance from Munroe...