Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y GPS, Autopilot, Cameras, Viz all broken

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As title says, yesterday the car's GPS, autopilot, cameras all stopped working suddenly and I've tried everything since then - unplugged all USB, all resets all the way up to 12V battery reset (Hard Reset Model 3 (Cameras not working, no GPS functionality and car won't go to sleep)) and none of them work. I'm getting a little desperate as leaving on a trip and earliest service appt is after my trip and Autopilot/cameras are quite a big deal :(

Also been having this issue, with model Y, 2021. Has been ongoing since November 2021. Cameras (side, front, rear) all not loading when accessed (black, with loading wheel). As such, autopilot understandably not working. GPS showing last known location before error. On app shows when the error occurs as I get a notification saying "Sentry mode has turned off due to a sentry system error". Also, display and side-mirrors, rear view mirror stuck in 'night mode' and dimmed as error occurred overnight (last time known well).

Since November, the problem has been on-and-off intermittently without any discernible pattern. After driving a bit (~15-20 minutes) it sometimes resets and starts working again. I've read somewhere on a forum that this was because the car receives GPS data 'push', resetting some data? (not really well understood I'm sorry). The problem would be resolved maybe for a couple days, before it happens again out of the blue. Most recently, I've updated to 2021.44.30.7 and the problem resolved itself. I had some hope that it was resolved as it was fine for a couple days, but now its happened again overnight.

Troubleshooting (things I've tried):
- soft reset (double scroll wheel)
- 'hard' reset (double scroll wheel and brake)
- unplugging Tesla USB and leaving overnight
- reformatting Tesla USB
- changing tire type and changing back
- power-off button in menu
- allowing car to sleep overnight without accessing app (& deleted widget)

Like OP said, I feel like I've tried everything except the 12V battery reset. I've seen the video for 12V battery reset for Model 3, but can't confirm (or have read anywhere) that we can do the same for model y?. I've been frusturated about this because obviously the car is lacking helpful features (autopilot, GPS and navigation, and the safety features of being able to see around you on screen with backing up). I've made a service appointment at Tesla Cherry Hill, about an hour away from where I live on Feb 17th.

Has anyone found any solutions that reliably work? Or have any insight to what the component may be malfunctioning? (hardware? software?). Also wondering if anyone has taken their Tesla to service for this issue, and what their experience has been.

Appreciate any feedback or comments. I will also update this post with my experience at my service appointment when it happens. Thank you!

I have the exact same problem on my 2020 MY with ~ 26k miles, but mine was an immediate failure and no longer works. I can drive the car, but the GPS thinks it's somewhere else. Cameras, Cruise Control, Walkaway lock, Sentry Mode, AC control all don't work. AC turns on, but you have to manually adjust the fan speed. Did the soft reset, hard reset, unplugged everything. This happened on March 7th 2022. Unfortunately there is a huge backup at the service shop. My appointment was originally March 11th, but was moved to April 1st, as they said they needed more time to diagnose. Any help is appreciated. My big concern is that after my appointment they will say it's another 6 weeks to order parts. So has anyone had this resolved? What parts did they replace?

Has anyone in this thread ‘permanently’ resolve this issue? If so, how? Did you take it in for service?

I had this issue exact issue this morning. I would love to know how this was resolved for any or you guys! Thanks!