Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Hands On

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LOL, you guys sound excited as I am.

A - 45" - along top of second row seat.
B - 11.5" - width of the center seat, but note that the post is 2.5" and will cut into this space.
C - 44" - depth between the second row to back hatch along the ground.
D - 37" - wheel hub to wheel hub.
33" Top of second row seat to hatch back.
Notice also that there are a lot of curves, so don't expect a rectangle item to fit perfectly.View attachment 521767 View attachment 521768 View attachment 521769 View attachment 521770
So there's really no way to remove that post from the middle seat?

These are great, thanks!

How about the length with the rear seats down, to the back of the drivers seat in it's rearmost position for a tall driver, and to the back of the passenger seat when it's put all the way forward with the seatback tilted as far forward as it can be?

Also, are the two rear headrests removable? I don't think the front seat ones in the 3 are easily removed, but these rear seat ones look as though they might be.

As before, the hatchback is curved, seats aren't perfectly perpendicular, so take with a grain of salt.

84" from back of passenger seat (as forward tilt and slide as you can) to the hatchback, straight line back on center of seat.
73" from back of driver seat (as back as possible on slide, fairly up right). This is 3" further back than I need at 6' 4".
92" diagonal from back of passenger seat to opposite corner of trunk.

As before, the hatchback is curved, seats aren't perfectly perpendicular, so take with a grain of salt.

84" from back of passenger seat (as forward tilt and slide as you can) to the hatchback, straight line back on center of seat.
73" from back of driver seat (as back as possible on slide, fairly up right). This is 3" further back than I need at 6' 4".
92" diagonal from back of passenger seat to opposite corner of trunk.

Great! Thanks again. One other thing I thought of but forgot to ask was if, like the Model 3, the rear seat bench is removable with a couple of switches under the front lip at the two corners. In the 3, removing the bench part allows the seat backs to fold nearly flat. The Y's rear seats look to lay fairly flat when folded, but it's hard to tell from the pics I've seen and so they might not be parallel with the rear compartment covers for a totally flat floor when folded down.

Any idea if the two taller headrests on the rear seat are removable?

Thanks for the pictures and measurements, @SilverSmith. The Y is a potential replacement for my beloved 2014 Model S P85. The only reason I want to replace it is that the low seating format exacerbates my back pain on longer drives. I understand that the Y has the Model 3 seats on a platform. How does the Y seating format compare to the X, would you say? Our X is comfortable for me because it's more "chair-like" seating vs. "floor-like".

@SilverSmith Thanks for all the pics, very helpful. It looks like the dash, center console and door controls are all the same as Model 3. Would you mind counting the bulb locations? This is what Model 3 has:

upload_2020-3-14_14-37-10.png

@SilverSmith, thank you very much for posting all of the info and pics. How does MY drive relative to the M3? Does it feel top-heavy during cornering at all?

Just want to bump this because I think it got missed (or I missed the answer). This is the most the important question to me. I much prefer the practicality of the Y, but if it's significantly less engaging to drive I'll be bummed and consider the 3.

I traded a Porsche Cayman for my current suv and I've missed having a sports car ever since. Elon claimed this thing would drive like a sports car and I'm hoping it does.

Reactions: preilly44