Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Hands On

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...And I’ve seen a couple posts around here with people saying their Model 3’s don’t wear evenly. Hmmm. OK. I guess we’ll see how this goes. With the Model X, it’s been really good in this regard. Not just for us, for lots of others.

@SilverSmith Congrats on your purchase and thanks for all the info. Can you comment on the leg room in the rear, manual states it's more than 5 inches longer than the 3. Have multiple friends over 6 feet tall and the model 3 is not comfortable for them.

Thanks.
Fits 4 - 6ft people with ease. 6'4" here and leg room isn't a problem. Or head height.

@SilverSmith could You measure the distance between the two belt locks from the middle seat?
IMG_20200314_194536.jpg

Updates:
  • Charging bag only has the standard 120V 15A plug, the bigger 40A RV style isn't included like our M3.
  • No AM radio, FM is included.
  • No dual climate controls (Sync button isn't there when you change temp).
  • Track Mode isn't there.
FWIW, this article claims the Model Y Performance has a Track Mode. Then again, it also claims there are 20", as opposed to 21", wheels. Maybe this mode will be activated in the future?

2020 Tesla Model Y: What We Know So Far

also double trunk weakened floor cover a lot, do you think camping inside still works? with max loading weigh of 130lb for trunk floor, it may sink when adult sleep on it. replacing that trunk cover definitely won't come cheap with Tesla.

also double trunk weakened floor cover a lot, do you think camping inside still works? with max loading weigh of 130lb for trunk floor, it may sink when adult sleep on it. replacing that trunk cover definitely won't come cheap with Tesla.
I'm not sure that the second trunk is all that relevant. Perhaps someone who has a Model Y could confirm whether the 130lb limit is realistic.

Reactions: DWhatley