Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Hands On

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a rear view mirror picture of what the rear view from the center mirror looks like. Not the best view, but should give you an idea.

IMG_20200315_143049.jpg

Got a rear view mirror picture of what the rear view from the center mirror looks like. Not the best view, but should give you an idea.

View attachment 522263

I appreciate all of the work you are doing to help us understand the MY. That view looks way more like the Model S porthole view than I'd hoped. It may be due to the position of the camera. From your driving position, does the rear window occupy so little of the mirror view as the pic shows?

How did they improve it? The dimensions of the car have not changed. 2018~2019 pre-Raven X was still just as cramped as our 2016. I have not sat in the rear of the current 2019-2020 Raven model. I want to believe it. If they pulled off some magic to fix the third row, this could be all I need to jump off the fence and trade in my 2016 for a new one.

Not sure what you mean by the 2nd row moving by 1” or so. The 2nd row seats in our 6 seater have a lot of forward and back travel. But we have to strike a balance to try and get people enough leg room, it’s a real challenge.

Totally agree with you about 3rd row space on the X. We had a 2019 Raven 6 seater X. Not the most comfortable spot to be on the 3rd row seat for daily driving, let alone for long trips. I doubt that 3rd row leg room improved since 2016 iteration.

Hi,
Needed permission to use those pictures in our articles + on Clean Technica probably.

Congrats on your Model Y delivery, btw!!!

Thanks!

SWEEEETT!! THANKS!

(I made up gen 3...as a joke...to my knowledge such a device does not exist yet =P)
It is called a Gen 2, but in reality, it is a Gen 3, since the first version of the UMC had a physical button on the handle vs how they are now. The Gen 1 40 AMP charger remained the same until the 32 AMP Gen 2. I guess Gen 1 had version 1 & 2.

• Informative
Reactions: Electric Steve
So on my trip today, I measured cabin nose and it seems a lot better than our M3.
55-56db @35mph - asphalt
56-57db @ 75mph - concrete
58db @80mph- concrete
59db @85mph- concrete

Taken on my Pixel 3 XL with 'Sound Meter'. Phone sitting on arm rest of console.

that would be considered pretty good right? To compare, I tested my Grand Cherokee with my phone app and got high 60’s at 75 on asphalt with my all season tires and low 70’s with winter tires. Never have I considered my GC as being loud either.

Of course, this is not very scientific. Lol

Reactions: SilverSmith
I swear I saw a picture of a Y with chrome handles the other day...
(maybe someone playing around)
thanks so much for this detailed upload - I had heard that there is an extra speaker in the door - and this may be one of several tweaks made from the M3 to enhance the Y...
the side by side pics are REALLY useful. - and love the Utah background!

that would be considered pretty good right? To compare, I tested my Grand Cherokee with my phone app and got high 60’s at 75 on asphalt with my all season tires and low 70’s with winter tires. Never have I considered my GC as being loud either.

Of course, this is not very scientific. Lol
Yep, it is really quiet IMO. Next time I am out in the M3 I will try to get some readings there. Might be a while though as my wife and I are working from home now, so no daily commute for the next few weeks.

Beautiful car ! Congratulations. Thanks for posting, those are great pictures. I like the way they made the frunk and storage bin in back with those ledges so you can add another shelf if you want. Also noticed they did away with the Grocery bag holders in the frunk. Did they eliminate the piece of carpet in the frunk now? Also is the bin in the rear of the model Y any bigger or smaller than the model 3?