Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Hands On

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@SilverSmith Could you post photos of the rear hatch and lights? I'm trying to figure how far out of spec my is. Thanks!
I have had a service call specifically for the rear hatch. It started catching on the passenger side and dropped back closed. Had a service tech come to my house and he resolved the catching, but the passenger edge was still touching on the right edge. They requested that I bring in the car to their service center, so I did and it now isn't touching. However it isn't perfect either.

On another note, after the service tech left, I found that the passenger side hinge of the hatchback was all scratched up and the nuts had been adjusted. Tesla Service Center claimed this was done prior to any services, at my home or at their shop. They touched up the paint for me though and I am happy with it.

These pictures are all before the 'Service Center' work.

IMG_20200402_133944.jpg
Damage to hinge (can't see nuts from here, but they are scuffed as well).
This looked worse in person, hard to photo shiny surfaces.

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200331165818631_COVER.jpg
Driver side, fairly normal.

IMG_20200331_165658.jpg
After hatch not opening, this was the other issue. It was causing damage to hatch paint and light fixture.

IMG_20200402_134009.jpg
Paint rubbed off of corner of hatch back.

I can take new pictures if you want to see the final version.

Last edited:
I have had a service call specifically for the rear hatch. It started catching on the passenger side and dropped back closed. Had a service tech come to my house and he resolved the catching, but the passenger edge was still touching on the right edge. They requested that I bring in the car to their service center, so I did and it now isn't touching. However it isn't perfect either.

On another note, after the service tech left, I found that the passenger side hinge of the hatchback was all scratched up and the nuts had been adjusted. Tesla Service Center claimed this was done prior to any services, at my home or at their shop. They touched up the paint for me though and I am happy with it.

These pictures are all before the 'Service Center' work.

View attachment 532631
Damage to hinge (can't see nuts from here, but they are scuffed as well).
This looked worse in person, hard to photo shiny surfaces.

View attachment 532632
Driver side, fairly normal.

View attachment 532633
After hatch not opening, this was the other issue. It was causing damage to hatch paint and light fixture.

View attachment 532630
Paint rubbed off of corner of hatch back.

I can take new pictures if you want to see the final version.

Sure can you update us the picture after everything all then issues are resolved.

Sure can you update us the picture after everything all then issues are resolved.
As you can see, it isn't a whole lot better. However it doesn't hit the light now, so vibrations won't damage the paint any longer. They touched up the paint as well, so unless I point it out, you wouldn't notice. Service Manager claimed it was within 'Tesla spec' now, but that sure doesn't look like it to me.
IMG_20200415_121431.jpg
IMG_20200415_121424.jpg

As you can see, it isn't a whole lot better. However it doesn't hit the light now, so vibrations won't damage the paint any longer. They touched up the paint as well, so unless I point it out, you wouldn't notice. Service Manager claimed it was within 'Tesla spec' now, but that sure doesn't look like it to me.
View attachment 532680 View attachment 532681

thanks a lot for the pictures.

View attachment 532680 View attachment 532681
If that is all that is wrong with the car now, you are in good shape. I personally wouldn't even bother with that tiny mis-alignment.