Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y has anyone received 2023 VIN yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you receive a 2023 “P” VIN for a model Y? If so, you are the first person reporting a Model Y 2023 VIN.

There’s been a few in this thread reporting getting 23 VINs….

There’s been a few in this thread reporting getting 23 VINs….

No one has reported 2023 VIN for any type of Model Y, only Model 3’s.

My VIN includes P For 2023
Config: MYLR seven seater with tow hitch
Congrats. Is yours an Austin or Fremont VIN? Can you share the first 3 numbers at the end? Yours is the first LR I've seen reported and would be interesting to know what VIN sequence they switched at. Also let us know if your car has the ultrasonic sensors or not. I'm guessing the switch to 2023 will correspond with the removal of the sensors but maybe not??

Reactions: JaeTheDev
Congrats. Is yours an Austin or Fremont VIN? Can you share the first 3 numbers at the end? Yours is the first LR I've seen reported and would be interesting to know what VIN sequence they switched at. Also let us know if your car has the ultrasonic sensors or not. I'm guessing the switch to 2023 will correspond with the removal of the sensors but maybe not??
So this is the first North American 2023 VIN on a Model Y?

Not sure if getting 4680 cells or 2170. Does anyone know if charging port is CCS combo native? Does anyone know what gems are in my MYLR 7 seater?
It will have 2170 cells. 4680 is only in the invite only MYAWD from Austin. Can't order one yourself.
Charging port is Tesla proprietary connection. Tesla now sells the CCS adapter on their website if you want to charge your MY at CCS fast chargers. All recent cars are CCS enabled.
Since you have a 2023 it will be interesting to know if you have the ultrasonic sensors that Tesla is starting to remove from new cars. Also of interest is if you have Matrix headlights.
Recent reports show the 2022 VINs from last week still have ultrasonic sensors and don't have Matrix lights anymore.
I'd suspect your car won't have ultrasonic sensors or matrix lights.

It will have 2170 cells. 4680 is only in the invite only MYAWD from Austin. Can't order one yourself.
Charging port is Tesla proprietary connection. Tesla now sells the CCS adapter on their website if you want to charge your MY at CCS fast chargers. All recent cars are CCS enabled.
Since you have a 2023 it will be interesting to know if you have the ultrasonic sensors that Tesla is starting to remove from new cars. Also of interest is if you have Matrix headlights.
Recent reports show the 2022 VINs from last week still have ultrasonic sensors and don't have Matrix lights anymore.
I'd suspect your car won't have ultrasonic sensors or matrix lights.
Gain 2023, lose USS and matrix lights will be sad