Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y has anyone received 2023 VIN yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK guys here's a bunch of information for those with eminent delivery. I have a 589 vin from Fremont that I was scheduled to pick up tomorrow but was in the neighborhood and just went and checked it out in person. Manufacture date 10/28. Does not have USS. It does have the older cameras. It did not have the matrix lights. It did have the cargo cover. As for the US S, it seems they didn't exactly go in order because some 59 vins on the lot with the same manufacture date did have the USS. As for the new headlights I did not see any in the lot that had it. As for the new cameras also none on the lot that had it and I even asked the guy and he said they haven't received any with new cameras and it would probably be a while before they would. Build quality from the outside looked great. For a reference mine is a white exterior black interior regular wheels and enhanced auto pilot. Holler if anybody has any questions.
Where do you look to see the day of the build? I know the door jam will have the month and year, but haven't been able to find out where to look for the date.

jxab029207, congrats, it's beautiful!

We are picking up our MY LR (midnight silver, black interior, Gemini wheels, tow) this coming Saturday, Nov 5... I have a VIN within the same range as yours...

7SAYGDEE8PF5886XX

I asked our SA yesterday if they could share details about the car based on the VIN, this is what I got:

Hi XXXXX, we are constantly in pursuit of continuous improvement, so we make regular updates to our vehicles. Unlike other auto-manufacturers, we do not wait for a model-year cycle to introduce new items or make changes to our product, but rather we frequently introduce updated features on a rolling basis. We will have to wait to confirm the exact configuration of your vehicle until closer to delivery day.

Would you be willing to share the next number on your VIN (after "PF588") just want to see if it's more likely that we get a configuration like yours. I think I saw somewhere (maybe this thread) a PF587 with no cargo cover, so I'm just curious. I did get the notice regarding no USS when I got the VIN assigned last week, but I'm aware it could still go either way.

I had to refuse our first VIN because we could not get money released on time (back on October 16), order was on hold until October 23rd, got this VIN assigned around October 26th.

Original order date was February 6th, I think, although we revised the order to add tow on April 18th, 2022.

I promise to report back on Sunday how delivery went (with pictures).

Reactions: arbitrage000
this thread is like a box of chocolates. we never know what we're going to get lol.
thanks everyone for sharing information!!! interesting thing to see all the different combinations and vin#'s that are debunking our theories. lol
Yep...this thread has certainly proven that Tesla just pulls out random boxes of parts each morning and throws them on the assembly line for that day. The VINs don't tell us anything it seems. There is no strict cutoff date for different cameras, USS, matrix, cargo shelf etc. The most random, inconsistent manufacturing I've seen.

I canceled my order. I originally put it on hold, but I bought '22 yesterday. I'm not crazy about the last years $7k increase (market adjustment understood), but not knowing what I'm NOT getting, is annoying. No USS and old cameras. Pirellis (summer tire) or Michelins (all-season performance)? It's insanity. I'm old school, I kind of thought spending $70k I would know what I'm getting. But that may not be the case anymore.

Reactions: golferguy and ord3r
And literally just seconds ago, "out of the blue" I got the following SMS from SA:
Hi XXXXXX - Congratulations on your upcoming delivery! I can answer your questions based on your car's production date, but understand that we are very close to the cutoff for both of these changes so you'll want to take a look at your delivery appointment to confirm this information. Your car is brand new, with a birthday of 10/29, so you should expect it to use our latest technology, Tesla Vision, rather than Ultrasonic Sensors. In addition to having the latest and greatest Tesla tech, your car's production date also indicates you should have the new parcel shelf. Again, no promises, but that is what I believe you'll be getting. Hope that helps!
So, looks like we made the cut off date for the parcel shelf by over a week (based on this article)... but that is just super weird, I thought I got my VIN on October 26th... they don't assign VINs ahead of production, do they?
Going through the screenshots I have, the earliest one that shows the VIN is from Oct 30, so maybe I'm just super confused. It just seems crazy to me that they made the car on 10/29 and we are picking it up on 11/05 (Saturday), and I was even given the option to pick up earlier in the week. We are in Seattle area (where we are taking delivery).
Oh well.... (shrug!)

Delivery report:
VIN: PF586
Model Year: 2023 (Freemont)
Type: Long Range
Wheels: 20"
Build Date: Oct 20 2022
USS: Yes
Matrix: No
Cargo Cover: No
Latest Camera: No
Comfort Suspension: YES!

Took delivery of my MYLR and the ride is very comfortable with the 20s. Similar to my old BMW, well damping is great and handles well on the roads of Toronto.

Delivery report:
VIN: PF586
Model Year: 2023 (Freemont)
Type: Long Range
Wheels: 20"
Build Date: Oct 20 2022
USS: Yes
Matrix: No
Cargo Cover: No
Latest Camera: No
Comfort Suspension: YES!

Took delivery of my MYLR and the ride is very comfortable with the 20s. Similar to my old BMW, well damping is great and handles well on the roads of Toronto.
How were you able to find the build date? I'm interested to find out if mine has the comfort suspension. Suspension feels good to me but would be interesting to know. My VIN was assigned Oct 14th so not sure when it would have been built. All I could find on the window pamphlet was 10/2022.

How were you able to find the build date? I'm interested to find out if mine has the comfort suspension. Suspension feels good to me but would be interesting to know. My VIN was assigned Oct 14th so not sure when it would have been built. All I could find on the window pamphlet was 10/2022.
I asked the Service Advisor to look it up.

I just took delivery yesterday - went through a long 90-minute 7 page delivery checklist I found somewhere on this forum. Everything looked really good, except the driver door took a little more force to close than I would have liked, so scheduled service for that. Picked it up in Sacramento CA

Model Year: 2023 Fremont
VIN - 1PF583
Build Date: Oct 24 2022
USS: YES
Matrix: NO
Cargo Cover: YES
New Cameras: NO - just the old-timey ones
Comfort Suspension: I assume yes based on the build date. Seemed pretty smooth when I drove it back home 2 hours through snow and ice.

I just took delivery yesterday - went through a long 90-minute 7 page delivery checklist I found somewhere on this forum. Everything looked really good, except the driver door took a little more force to close than I would have liked, so scheduled service for that. Picked it up in Sacramento CA

Model Year: 2023 Fremont
VIN - 1PF583
Build Date: Oct 24 2022
USS: YES
Matrix: NO
Cargo Cover: YES
New Cameras: NO - just the old-timey ones
Comfort Suspension: I assume yes based on the build date. Seemed pretty smooth when I drove it back home 2 hours through snow and ice.

Nice! Can you link me that delivery checklist?