Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Headlights Flash in my garage every minute

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1. I've installed a new USB device to record events;

2. I've rebooted the car twice in the past week (holding both buttons down, etc.);

3. I've refomatted the drive several times; and

4. I've checked the box to disable Sentry at home, etc.

And, still, with our car in the garage the headlights flash exactly every minute and when i check in the car it's showing hundreds of Sentry events, and the battery gets drawn down around 25 miles per day even when I've never moved it from the garage.

Yes, home location is accurate and this is happening in our personal garage in our single family detached home.
I have heard that security cameras with infrared may set it off. Not sure if that is accurate. Also heard that some lights that stay on flicker (not noticeable to the human eye) and maybe that is causing it? Again not sure if that is accurate.

Do you see anything in the events that looks like it could be causing it to go off.

Upvote 0
I have heard that security cameras with infrared may set it off. Not sure if that is accurate. Also heard that some lights that stay on flicker (not noticeable to the human eye) and maybe that is causing it? Again not sure if that is accurate.

Do you see anything in the events that looks like it could be causing it to go off.
No, nothing unusual in the event recordings. We don't have any security cameras in the garage, no infrared devices, and we don't leave any light on in the garage when we're inside the house.

Upvote 0
Here's my take:
1. Whatever is triggering sentry is constant, not happening every minute. Mice or other critters would make the triggers random, not every minute.
2. There is likely a one minute delay built into sentry software before the next trigger activates.
3. Your car is not respecting your selection of "no sentry at home" OR it is confused about where home is. (Sorry to state the obvious)
4. Search for triggers. Any light coming into the garage? LED lights nearby? Electronics in the house? Garage door opener? (read the post by Chenzilla, Oct 29, 2021.) No solution in that post, but an interesting read.

• Helpful
Reactions: JoeT21MY
Upvote 0
My questions would be:

1. Does this happen with the OEM USB memory drive?
2. Does this happen away from home?

If it happens everywhere, with or without the OEM memory drive, then it probably should get looked at by Tesla. If you can isolate it to one of the two things above, perhaps it would be easier to determine the cause.

Upvote 0
that's so weird
I've had it where it knew I was home but it turned sentry mode on
a 2 finger reset fixed this

I'd say doing a software reinstall in the secret service menu if it doesn't fix.

You probably know but make sure the red dot isn't red and sentry mode isn't on
GPS knows where it's at and it's at home
2 finger reset and again make sure sentry mode isn't on
DONT check the app and open the car door for 15 min
Go back and check the car and when you open the door the car should make a bunch of clicking noises meaning the car went to deep sleep

Upvote 0