Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y headlights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You'll have to get the Model S or X for turning light capabilities. Though, it's important to keep in mind that the Model 3's headlights (and by extension, the Y's) have been rated one of the highest by the NHTSA because although the lights don't "turn" they have an excellent spread of light and great peripheral lighting.

Reactions: EliteFinish
You'll have to get the Model S or X for turning light capabilities. Though, it's important to keep in mind that the Model 3's headlights (and by extension, the Y's) have been rated one of the highest by the NHTSA because although the lights don't "turn" they have an excellent spread of light and great peripheral lighting.

I second this. Seriously the more I drive a Model 3 at night, the more I realize other headlights aren't that great haha!

• Disagree
Reactions: Blackbart
I’m glad to hear that. I was hoping Tesla would switch to projector LEDs instead of reflector since projectors are generally better.

I had a projector based HID system in my older BMW and my newer one has reflector LEDs which are inferior to the older ones.

They’re reflectors. Of course, they will have more spread. But, they won’t project forward as much, which is more important IMO.