Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y- Headliner Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All:

I am new to the group. Recently, I purchased a long range performance Model Y. The car arrived with some blemishes related to liftgate alignment are rear light light and loose headliner on driver side which was . Tesla fixed the former issue during the service appointment. However, Tesla didn't address the issue related to loose headliner that is not flush withe the roof glass. The service staff indicated that the gap between headliner and roof glass is expected/ within their specifications and adjustment of glass is not possible. The only option is replacing the roof glass. They also mentioned that they would address this issue only if I experience loud noise or water dripping onto my seats.

I realize Tesla has some quality issues to address, but can you please advise if this is a common issue with Tesla that I don't have to worry about?

Thank you.

I hate to say it this way, but to be perfectly blunt.. once you accept delivery and your return window closes, you have pretty much lost all leverage to get cosmetic repairs done at Tesla's pleasure. Since your request has already been denied by your local SC you could try another SC or escalate your request up the chain till you find a sympathetic party at Tesla.

Reactions: glide
I hate to say it this way, but to be perfectly blunt.. once you accept delivery and your return window closes, you have pretty much lost all leverage to get cosmetic repairs done at Tesla's pleasure. Since your request has already been denied by your local SC you could try another SC or escalate your request up the chain till you find a sympathetic party at Tesla.
The warranty has no exclusions for manufacturing defects, so I'd suggest photographing the same part of other MYs and show that this is not "within spec" and thus is a defect covered by warranty.