Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if a coat of Gyeon Leather Shield or C2 quartz would prevent this issue? It seems pretty common, but no one is 100% sure of the specific cause.

If he drives with his head against the headrest then it's possible that the deformation is being caused by his head rubbing against the headrest hard enough that it is eventually causing the material to deform.

Theoretically this would be worse with skin to seat contact than hair to seat contact.

If he drives with his head against the headrest then it's possible that the deformation is being caused by his head rubbing against the headrest hard enough that it is eventually causing the material to deform.

Theoretically this would be worse with skin to seat contact than hair to seat contact.

Not me. I barely touch the headrest. The seat actually looked a little off and got sticky. Wiping it makes the outer coating come off.

My car only has around 19,000 miles. It's not like it's got a high amount of use either.

I am going to email the company that makes the fabric about it also.

Reactions: OmbreCake

Skin-to-seat is my biggest concern, as I sport a cue ball haircut. I imagine if skin contact is causing it, the center arm rest should begin to show some degradation at some point as well.

Skin-to-seat is my biggest concern, as I sport a cue ball haircut. I imagine if skin contact is causing it, the center arm rest should begin to show some degradation at some point as well.

Yep me too. I'm concerned about the armrest and the steering wheel. Although maybe this is why it took longer for Tesla to make steering wheel vegan. Maybe it's a different material or treated somehow.

They just sent me an estimate for over $200 something is so wrong about this.

Yep me too. I'm concerned about the armrest and the steering wheel. Although maybe this is why it took longer for Tesla to make steering wheel vegan. Maybe it's a different material or treated somehow.

They just sent me an estimate for over $200 something is so wrong about this.

I picked this up for the armrest. Fought with it for a while. Put it in the dryer for a bit and slipped on very easy.

Attachments

• messages_0 (67).jpeg
    messages_0 (67).jpeg
    86.4 KB · Views: 96
  • messages_0 (66).jpeg
    messages_0 (66).jpeg
    55.9 KB · Views: 63
  • messages_0 (65).jpeg
    messages_0 (65).jpeg
    51.8 KB · Views: 63
  • messages_0 (64).jpeg
    messages_0 (64).jpeg
    45.6 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: P3dStealth
I think I may have found out why we so far have only seen this on black seats. It's possible the black and white are not the same material.

Ultrafabric does not supply black fabric to Tesla for any seating applications.

Now I am interested. It is possible when you pay the extra money for the white seats it's not just a color change but an actual more expensive and better made product...

Has anyone had any issues with the white seats? They seem to be holding up very well for people.

Last edited: