Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Heat stopped working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
no it doesn't. Also, look over by "dog, camp mode"... does it have faded "climate can not turn on due to system fault" ??

Some say it may be fixable with firmware update... but mobile service coming here today to trouble shoot. will update

• Informative
Reactions: doct89
its a thing in a certain VIN range. it is 2 sensors, they have to disconnect high voltage and pull apart the super manifold. sensors are back ordered. rangers can’t do it.

1. PT Sensor, High Pressure
Part #: 1510047-00-B

2. PT Sensor, Low Pressure
Part #: 1510048-00-B

good luck!
Good to know, thanks!

My heat worked fine and instantly today @36f. I also haven’t seen any faults like you mentioned. I’m going to have the service center check it out next week but if it’s like everything else I found I’m sure they will tell me it’s normal haha.

Mine stopped working this morning, worked great last night, but went to precondition this morning and got an error on the app. Got in the car and its blowing ice cold. I can't even go to a service center due to travel restrictions, nearest one is Massachusetts and I live in New Hampshire and theres a $500 fine for traveling to Mass without quarantining. Fingers crossed a firmware update will fix it but I'm not holding my breath.

• Informative
Reactions: Subhuman and jdr93
yep.. vermont here... re: quarantine challenge... we just drove the 3 hours to peabody dropped off car, took touchless loaner, and back. So no interaction with people, buildings, etc. not a firmaware update. BTW, sensors are 10 days backordered at peabody. Get your appt now... they are dealing with it.

yep.. vermont here... re: quarantine challenge... we just drove the 3 hours to peabody dropped off car, took touchless loaner, and back. So no interaction with people, buildings, etc. not a firmaware update. BTW, sensors are 10 days backordered at peabody. Get your appt now... they are dealing with it.
Scheduled for 11/30 outside Boston. I’ll keep everyone updated.

Made my appointment at peabody but its not till 12/8. Ill just have to deal with it till then and hope they give me a loaner.

I am getting a little bit of defrost out of mine. Not a ton but enough to keep the windows from fogging up. Outside temp was 23F this morning and it was 36 F inside the car at my departure time and maxed out at about 50 F driving my wife to work. Atleast it will be drivable till my appointment, lol. Chilly but drivable. I did order a 12 volt "defroster" which will hopefully help if it gets icy.

VIN 26028 and just ops checked my HVAC, I cranked up the temp to HI and within a few minutes my cabin temp reached 80 degrees before I turned it OFF, granted by Y was garaged in 49 degrees, but the HVAC cranked out heat quickly. Fingers crossed.

Suddenly our heat is not working in winter. It is exact same as described here.

Anyone else?
Hello,

I bought my car Oct 29th seems like worked fine until Nov 12th. But on 13th I started car with temp set to high as it was too cold here in Boston. It blew hot air for a while and suddenly stopped blowing hot air and started to notice cold air coming in. Took it to tesla service the next day and it's been 13 days and not yet fixed they are saying the issue is with high and low pressure sensors like him mentioned in other post they are saying still awaiting parts something is not right here how many days will it take for parts to arrive. I feel like they don't know what exactly the issue is and lying to us. This seems to be serious issue as I see so many posts regarding the same issue.

Hello,

I bought my car Oct 29th seems like worked fine until Nov 12th. But on 13th I started car with temp set to high as it was too cold here in Boston. It blew hot air for a while and suddenly stopped blowing hot air and started to notice cold air coming in. Took it to tesla service the next day and it's been 13 days and not yet fixed they are saying the issue is with high and low pressure sensors like him mentioned in other post they are saying still awaiting parts something is not right here how many days will it take for parts to arrive. I feel like they don't know what exactly the issue is and lying to us. This seems to be serious issue as I see so many posts regarding the same issue.

That stinks that you've waited this long. My understanding was the parts were on backorder at 1st. My appointment is on December 8th at Peabody and it looks like they ordered the parts the day I made the appointment, which are the 2 sensors and a supermanifold.

I am just wondering what's is your model year if you have the climate issues.
I started to have same issues described above and I can't turn on climate remotely using the Tesla app. The car itself won't activate precondition neither.
I have 2021 model y