Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Heat stopped working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VIN 88xxx, 4300 miles: my heat only works on the "HI" setting. Set at 81f (in Auto), nothing is happening. Curiously, my Tesla App shows 72f for interior temp all the time, when it was 52f this morning. I sent a "bug report", so if the SC pulls the logs, they'll know when I first noticed the issue.

Appointment on Monday 4/26 for evaluation. The next few weeks will be in the 60-75f range, so I don't need heat nor A/C. I won't be leaving the car with them if they need to wait on parts.

88xxx, 4600 miles. SC had pulled logs, analyzed the issue, and was prepared to replace the cabin ambient temp sensor, but discovered that it wasn't firmly connected. Snapped it into place correctly, problem solved.

SOOOO, no dreaded sensor/manifold failure.

The latest SW update (see my signature) has an undocumented update to the HVAC system that is supposed to address the heat issues.

Just happened to my 2020 MYP. No heat at 30 deg/f

VCFRONT_a447

Attachments

• 8FCB0CA2-FEC0-4FF2-9D76-75A775953BEA.jpeg
    8FCB0CA2-FEC0-4FF2-9D76-75A775953BEA.jpeg
    211.1 KB · Views: 81
-> Air intake flap is frozen open (seems to be possible without visible snow/ice, at least in videos)
-> Temp sensor shows that pump is not working and shut it down.
-> Software update over rules that sensor.
-> Expansion valve have wrong setup (by design or firmware) it leaks liquid to the compressor, instead of gas.
-> Compressor hydrolocks and seize up.

Russians and Ukrainians who don't have Tesla service (and warranty) have open up their compressors. And it looks like this:
FJLBJ5vWQAEdWjS.jpg

There's hope that the update will prevent this from future. But at least the intake flap needs re-design or maybe heat pump expansion valve needs it too.

Last edited:
There are multiple threads of same issue, all Tesla models with new heat pump setup have this problem so maybe new thread for all models. This is potential to be quite expensive for Tesla. Many new compressors.. (with high % of those put in Hydrocarbon302's MY ; )

There are multiple threads of same issue, all Tesla models with new heat pump setup have this problem so maybe new thread for all models. This is potential to be quite expensive for Tesla. Many new compressors.. (with high % of those put in Hydrocarbon302's MY ; )
I’m also getting another super manifold (2nd replacement), 3 new pressure sensors (already replaced due to TSB), and new ac line!

I will say service center has been great though.

On an unrelated topic, who has the best third party warranty for Teslas?