Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y HEPA filter air intake cover?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2022 MYP with HEPA / biodefense mode and where I park there's a lot of leaves and debris that falls on the car. My concern is that the debris will eventually make its way into the air intake and clog up the filter. Is this a valid concern for the HEPA / biodefense model because I opened up the panel but didn't see any huge air intake vent like the pre-HEPA model Ys?

Reactions: CyanideDN
I have a 2022 MYP with HEPA / biodefense mode and where I park there's a lot of leaves and debris that falls on the car. My concern is that the debris will eventually make its way into the air intake and clog up the filter. Is this a valid concern for the HEPA / biodefense model because I opened up the panel but didn't see any huge air intake vent like the pre-HEPA model Ys?

This is a very valid concern. I can see why you would want such a thing. But the thing is your funk is closed and protect your air vent from debris. But if you add another cover. From some users I read, the car use more energy to pull in the air from the outside because of the added layer and you will have to crank it up 5 in order to get a 3 air circulation level.

I'm just simply passing on their experiences 😅

This is a very valid concern. I can see why you would want such a thing. But the thing is your funk is closed and protect your air vent from debris. But if you add another cover. From some users I read, the car use more energy to pull in the air from the outside because of the added layer and you will have to crank it up 5 in order to get a 3 air circulation level.

I'm just simply passing on their experiences 😅

I decided to leave the air intake uncovered, and after 8k miles no real debris got in there so you're right, just gonna leave it plain.

Reactions: Thomas7