Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Hot Hatch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I currently own a five-door hatchback (I think?) and IMHO it's one of the hottest cars out there :)

It's a VW Polo 6R (5 doors) and looks like this: http://www.xxl-felgen.de/felgen-bilder-galerie/16-zoll-vw-polo-alufelgen-shop.jpg
Yeah. That looks like a Golf to me. Maybe it's a little larger? A Golf is just a slightly bigger version of the old Volkswagen Rabbit. I've never liked that particular formfactor, though I will admit it has become much better over the years than at the start. It's just certain design choices that simply are not attractive to me, personally. As I've probably noted above, I tend to prefer the three-door and five-door designs from Renault and Peugeot when it comes to hatchbacks. Their styling flair seems to make the most of the body type.

Can't wait to see Model Y

With Model 3 reservations approaching 400k, the rational reaction for Tesla Motor's would be to postpone any other new models and focus solely on a timely, high quality delivery of the Model 3 (along with continued delivery of Model S/X).

Only after they are reasonably on track to meet demand for current models should they go on to present new models. This is especially true for any new models with non-trivial components, such as a hypothetical Model 3 derivative with falcon wing doors.

So I hope _not_ to see a Model Y any time soon, and I would be especially appalled to see one with falcon wing doors.