TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model Y Hot Hatch

Discussion in 'Model Y' started by qqstormus2, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Model 3

Model 3 Active Member

Roadster (automobile) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2. Red Sage

Red Sage The Cybernetic Samurai

Yeah. That looks like a Golf to me. Maybe it's a little larger? A Golf is just a slightly bigger version of the old Volkswagen Rabbit. I've never liked that particular formfactor, though I will admit it has become much better over the years than at the start. It's just certain design choices that simply are not attractive to me, personally. As I've probably noted above, I tend to prefer the three-door and five-door designs from Renault and Peugeot when it comes to hatchbacks. Their styling flair seems to make the most of the body type.

3. lklundin

lklundin Active Member

With Model 3 reservations approaching 400k, the rational reaction for Tesla Motor's would be to postpone any other new models and focus solely on a timely, high quality delivery of the Model 3 (along with continued delivery of Model S/X).

Only after they are reasonably on track to meet demand for current models should they go on to present new models. This is especially true for any new models with non-trivial components, such as a hypothetical Model 3 derivative with falcon wing doors.

So I hope _not_ to see a Model Y any time soon, and I would be especially appalled to see one with falcon wing doors.

4. qqstormus2

qqstormus2 Member

There is a small part of me that would like the model Y to be about the size and shape of a mini Cooper with specs better than a JCW version.