Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

I think we got our first known Model Y sighting in Canada in Toronto earlier today. I’ll try and find out when it’ll hit Montreal, so I can take a few pics (if possible). I’m making this thread for sightings of the Model Y around Canada. Post here when you see a Model Y around!

Photo from Twitter
DE732875-2980-48EA-864E-18E03488A550.jpeg

It probably has a Michigan manufacturer plate. Front plates not required in Michigan.

The biggest LOL is Electrek promoting the idea that this means imminent Model Y deliveries in Quebec.
It should be a 63277 Tesla MFG plate. I don’t think California vehicles are required to have LPs on both ends of the vehicle.

• Informative
Reactions: X.l.r.8
It probably has a Michigan manufacturer plate. Front plates not required in Michigan.

The biggest LOL is Electrek promoting the idea that this means imminent Model Y deliveries in Quebec.
California plates, never seen Michigan plates on Tesla's cars. Only California.
It should be a 63277 Tesla MFG plate. I don’t think California vehicles are required to have LPs on both ends of the vehicle.
Yeah, they were California Plates, I've only seen California plates on Tesla's own cars. And never had a front plate, they never put it on even though it's technically a law there. Same for the Model X and the Model 3 that I spotted before they were released.

All I'd like to figure out is how many people have reserved/ordered the Model Y in Canada, how long will it take to get through those orders, and how long in advance one should plan on ordering one.

Of course, any answers right now would be pure speculation.
I think the best way to estimate this would be go based on the model 3 rollout. When all-wheel drive was finally made available to order it was a 3 month wait initially. 6 months later it was down to a couple of weeks. My best guess is that Tesla is better prepared for the ramp-up but there's going to be more demand so those will balance out. But who knows, they may have also built up significant inventory just to knock it out of the park on the next earnings quarter. I hope nobody's thinking of selling their stock anytime soon :)