Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
actually the SR needs to start at below $45,000 with the SR+ being no more than $55,000

That's for the 5 seat. For the 7 seat (when it'll be available) the rule is:
Transport Canada said:
  • a vehicle with seven seats or greater, where the base model Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is less than $55,000;
  • higher priced versions (trims) of these vehicles, up to a maximum Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $60,000, will also be eligible for purchase incentives;

Link

I think there are quite a few Ys deliveries in YVR or I was just really lucky. I was out running errands on Friday and I've seen 3 different Ys in a single trip that spands about 4hrs. First one near home, then 2 in Richmond.

They really do look like Model 3s at first glance. It takes a few second for brain to adjust that it's different. The big spoiler is obviously the lack of chromes, but then the brain would need another sec or 2 to realize that it's not just a 3 with chrome delete. :D

If $63k is correct, there is a good chance it will fall within the $60k incentive by end of the year if there is another price drop coming which is very likely. Or in order the qualify it has to be standard range model?
Incentive is only good for under 55k before trim upgrade. I doubt tesla will lower model y to that until they lower model 3 sr+ pricing further.
If tesla can figure out pumping out more cars from factory to sell more cars without sacrificing profit, they might do it in the future. But they will have to improve FSD to the point that people are willing to pay premium for that..

Incentive is only good for under 55k before trim upgrade. I doubt tesla will lower model y to that until they lower model 3 sr+ pricing further.
If tesla can figure out pumping out more cars from factory to sell more cars without sacrificing profit, they might do it in the future. But they will have to improve FSD to the point that people are willing to pay premium for that..

I believe for 7 seater, it’s under $60k?

This being a Californian operation, it will almost certainly be RWD. But would it be any more innovation really to produce a FWD version for for snowy climates? I'm thinking it's not a big deal.
Was watching Rich Rebuilds episode where they upgrade a RWD M3 to AWD, and I think the power connectors locations preclude a FWD build. The motor power links are at the back of the pack, with the front motor lines being plugged in at the back and run up along the battery pack’s spine on the underside. Coolant lines are routed from the rear as well, along the rocker panels.

I thought you couldnt cancel and re-order? Plus I would need to cancel and hope they send my $2500 back and give another $2500?!?

My price still shows $71,000 which is the price when I gave my deposit. Now $69,900? I will email my rep.

Still on the fence with the whole thing.