Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y in Europe (Switzerland), where are they being produced?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a Model Y last October and just received a "Model Ys are expected to start shipping in September" e-mail, with the request to put in more information (where I'd like it delivered, etc.). Does anyone know where these Model Ys get produced? Is Berlin Gigafactory ready? Or are they coming from Shanghai?
Do these have the new battery pack already?

Shanghai for LR and SR. Perfs have always come from Fremont.

Bjorn has done a lot of testing on M3s and they're probably using the latest 82 kWh Panasonic or LG (for LR AWD) and smaller CATL (for SR RWD) battery packs.

I ordered a Model Y last October and just received a "Model Ys are expected to start shipping in September" e-mail, with the request to put in more information (where I'd like it delivered, etc.). Does anyone know where these Model Ys get produced? Is Berlin Gigafactory ready? Or are they coming from Shanghai?
Do these have the new battery pack already?

Battery pack is tricky question. So far TM3 and TMY LR were populated with LG 75kwh NCM chemistry battery BUT LG has annonced early june that as from July they will provide NCMA chemistry battery for Tesla Shangai. This latter chemistry provide significantly better cycling life capability.
Size of the new pack is unknown so far.............and we don't know if the TMY already in boats underway to Europe has new pack or not ! ( some future owners received confirmation that build date was early july). suspense !
1627297622550.png