Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Incoming (Northeast area)!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all... just got my text for delivery scheduling today - MSM AWD will be in my hands (hopefully) June 5th! 4-6 months sooner than I anticipated too! To help provide some additional info to those still waiting/still considering ordering, here's my timeline:

1/2020: Placed order for black/black AWD FSD 19" Model Y
Interim: Received batch email that went out to Model Y customers.
3/2020: Random check of Tesla account allowed me to input driver details, possible trade-in value request (which I later cancelled due to low trade-in offer), stuck at uploading insurance info due to no VIN#, Chase loan approved @ 2.59%
4/2020: Still no VIN, no contact from Tesla to date, being proactive in checking TMC forums and my account.
5/18/2020: Still no word/VIN, debating changing to MSM color after seeing in person/online vids/images - decide to do so and contacted Tesla via chat to change from black exterior to MSM exterior.
5/19/2020: Email confirmation regarding Tesla color change.
5/20/2020: Noticed MVPA now present on my order, scanned for VIN# and found XXX5800! Begin process to add Tesla vehicle to insurance to aquire proof of insurance doc (CT requires this), expect ecard in 1-3 business days.
5/21/2020: Still no contact from Tesla yet, so decided to proactively call Mt. Kisco Tesla center and spoke w/rep who confirmed MY should be available for pickup early June, mid-June latest barring no issues(!!!!).
5/22/2020: Just received a text this morning to choose a delivery date - 6/5/2020 is the arrival of my first Tesla!!!

So essentially changing my color from black -> MSM resulted in a car being available within a week. I had not expected this (still have a few months lease left on my current SUV lol). I'm pretty happy with the VIN# range tho will walk in with a checklist and expecting some things that will require servicing, which is fine as CT does have service centers, just no sale centers because CT.

No contact from Tesla whatsoever the entire time until the text to schedule my appointment - I had decided from the start to be pretty proactive and check my account and info a few times a week. Tesla chat is hit or miss - if you don't like the answer you get with one rep, try again and often a different rep will be more helpful and/or know who to transfer you to for more answers. Also don't hesitate to initiate the call to your local service/sales center for more info, as I did.

Super excited to join the Tesla family soon! =)

Lucky! I have the same config, except white interior. Ordered 10/2019, but haven't heard anything from Tesla yet. Hopefully this means it's not too much longer before they start shipping white interiors.