Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y insurance

kval35

Jan 12, 2014
Lake Forest, CA
Lots of threads about this and everyone agrees, it varies wildly based on many factors. I just purchased mine yesterday. I live in Southern California. Had Mercury for over 20 years. Tesla was cheaper by about $20 a month because I purchased FSD which has its insurance advantages for Tesla. The other thing that they made me aware of (which you are unlikely to find matched anywhere else) is that in the case of a vehicle total, Tesla will include the cost of FSD paid as part of the claim. Big bonus. Also, not widely reported, but there is an option to have another non-Tesla (Prius in my case) covered under the policy as well.

Reactions: kashian

HeyEph

Mar 22, 2020
Fairport, NY
Just compared Mercury to Progressive for my MY and wife's Honda CR-V. Apples to apples, Progressive cheaper for me in NYS. I don't have FSD yet, though. Thanks for the lead, though.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC