Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y is in!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That looks awesome. Starting to rethink my color choice. The blue looks better in the real world than it does on the color picker.

Had you completed every step except for the insurance card? Did you already have a VIN assigned?

Blue looks really good! I'm very happy with my choice :)

I had done everything, including uploading insurance info. I got VIN assigned as well. Just never got delivery scheduled. Car just showed up.

Man that blue looks good. I went back and forth between red and blue but in the end decided to wrap it bright yellow. So just ordered white. Yellow is just my favorite when it comes down to it. I wish mine would come soon, but I'm holding out for RWD...so breath is not held.

Congrats! Still waiting on my Black/Black Performance->Performance configuration.

I ordered Feb 2020-> waiting on VIN (submitted other docs except insurance bc no VIN)

Also, I have yet to see this real photos post delivery. You guys think this configuration on more of a back up than other colors?

(First post/Newbie on this so this is nice we can all discuss)

Congrats! Still waiting on my Black/Black Performance->Performance configuration.

I ordered Feb 2020-> waiting on VIN (submitted other docs except insurance bc no VIN)

Also, I have yet to see this real photos post delivery. You guys think this configuration on more of a back up than other colors?

(First post/Newbie on this so this is nice we can all discuss)
Welcome aboard! You will likely not see a black exterior delivered until after Tesla restarts its Fremont production line for Model Y and that date is not yet known. Although they’ve been seen in the wild, very few (if any) black Model Y’s have been delivered to customers for reasons unknown. You can see of the 1447 Model Y’s that have been ordered on this spreadsheet Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker, 433 have been delivered and none of these have had a black exterior.

Beautiful car. Blue is the color my wife informs me our MY will be ordered in. I'm heartened to see that waiting times are, at least at the moment, "reasonable." We're kinda "stuck" for the moment in AZ (not a bad thing!), but will be returning to Cape Cod around August sometime. I'll put in our order for the MY sometime around October, as I want to receive the car in AZ. So, I'll continue to lurk on this site in order to try and figure out delivery times.

Best of luck with your new Tesla.

Rich

Just got it today!! Funny enough, I was not given any delivery info. My Tesla account still said to put in insurance info lol

Anyways, here it is!

View attachment 530160 View attachment 530161 View attachment 530162
Just got it today!! Funny enough, I was not given any delivery info. My Tesla account still said to put in insurance info lol

Anyways, here it is!

View attachment 530160 View attachment 530161 View attachment 530162
you just got the color that I want! Congrats Bro enjoy the ride

i ordered in dec 2019 but have nothing past the insurance info...
wonder whats the selection criteria for deliveries
Prior to the Fremont plant shutdown, Model Y deliveries were
- no RWD LR
- none with 7-seats
- none (or nearly none?) with black exteriors
- few with white interiors
- across the U.S. but most in CA

See this Model Y order spreadsheet for the trims that have been delivered or have delivery dates: Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker

Not clear what the opening schedule will be for the Fremont plant and what Model Y trims will be produced/delivered after that. Stay tuned to the TMC forums for more info.

I ordered in March 2019 and just last month got contacted about moving forward. Had to haggle on my trade in and got financing set up so that delayed some things a week or two. I was sitting on the last step of the loan being finalized and the bank told me they were waiting for a VIN. Tesla deliver told me the same thing, waiting on a VIN. My account was updated a couple days ago to all check marks on all items so I'm pretty much convinced I'm just waiting for a car to be assigned at this point. I ordered a Blue/Black AWD FSD 19s. I'm not seeing a lot of the cars with the 19 inch Gemini wheels being produced. I figure I'm at a hold until the factory starts back up.