Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Is my car totaled?

Is my Model Y Totaled

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are plenty of [absurdly high] comps around — just check currentautomotive.com, onlyusedtesla.com and even Tesla’s own used car inventory, to name a few. You (and the insurance adjuster) shouldn’t have any problem getting a comp that will serve you well. Getting a new MY, on the other hand, could likely take until December (per the OA I spoke with yesterday). As others have stated, this is the best outcome albeit not one without some inconvenience. Glad all are well—please check back in here and let us know what goes down. Take care. MJP

Would be useful to mention if the car is driveable and with what caveats. Makes a huge difference in repair costs I would imagine.
Blessing in disguise if totaled: the new (post July1 '21) MY's have Bio defense mode standard and who knows what other improvements (double panned windows). Dealing with the wait .. just get a decent used ICE you can resell for not much less than you bought it for. Well, I know it's not super easy getting a decent used ICE, very doable tho.

I don't think its totalled but depends on what purchase price was. usually if it's less than 50% of the value of the car they will fix it so might depend on if it's a performance model etc...... but even if they repair it likely will never drive or feel the same unless you get a really good repair shop and get lucky

Total the car if you can and get them to pay for a new car with less miles, your resell value will plummet after this accident. If you intend on keeping this car get a written appraisal after it is finished to account for the loss of value due to accident, then have your insurance company also collect that for the other insurance company.