Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Key FOB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So.... I bought the key FOB last night after copious amounts of wine. Question is, will it arrive before the 18th when I pick up my MYP? or will it take just as long as my MYP build? I feel like I am waiting for a VIN all over again!!

So.... I bought the key FOB last night after copious amounts of wine. Question is, will it arrive before the 18th when I pick up my MYP? or will it take just as long as my MYP build? I feel like I am waiting for a VIN all over again!!
I just received mine ahead of my order. it shipped very quickly. Weird thing is i ordered the Keychain and Keyfob on the same order and they shipped the same day except in 2 separate packages, haha.

What whiskey?
jameson.jpg

I got the key fob 3 days earlier than the site predicted.

I waited until I got the car before getting any accessories though. wanted to see what I really wanted/ needed.

opening the frunk was a hassle and so much nicer with a fob. no need to take out my phone, open the app, click the frunk button, confirm the click. similar with the trunk, but at least the trunk has a physical button on the outside of it.

next purchase: auto frunk

Reactions: asierra02
I got the key fob 3 days earlier than the site predicted.

I waited until I got the car before getting any accessories though. wanted to see what I really wanted/ needed.

opening the frunk was a hassle and so much nicer with a fob. no need to take out my phone, open the app, click the frunk button, confirm the click. similar with the trunk, but at least the trunk has a physical button on the outside of it.

next purchase: auto frunk
Auto frunk looks so awesome. I'm still waiting for my Y to come in though. I'm not sure how much i'll be using the frunk with all the storage space in the back. That being said i would probably use the frunk a lot more if it opened and closed on its own.

Are there any cheaper 3rd party options for the fob? I would like two, for both my wife and myself, but they are awful expensive.
Also, it is never a good idea to make any purchase after copious wine consumption. That's how I ended up married. Thought I was getting a Model XXX. Didn't.

Are there any cheaper 3rd party options for the fob? I would like two, for both my wife and myself, but they are awful expensive.
Also, it is never a good idea to make any purchase after copious wine consumption. That's how I ended up married. Thought I was getting a Model XXX. Didn'

Also, it is never a good idea to make any purchase after copious wine consumption. That's how I ended up married. Thought I was getting a Model XXX. Didn't.
so weird... sounds like my marriage. nope. wait. i was high. #edibles

Auto frunk looks so awesome. I'm still waiting for my Y to come in though. I'm not sure how much i'll be using the frunk with all the storage space in the back. That being said i would probably use the frunk a lot more if it opened and closed on its own.
That is EXACTLY my thought. part of the reason I dont use it as much is I dont like getting fingerprints all over the hood and how delicate you have to be not to dent it. if I could press a button and have it pop up, i'd use it way more... but we'll see!

Reactions: Doc_Holliday
Well that’s pretty freaking neat!
It also comes with a very neat backstory: some university students in Georgia (the country, not the state) started making smart rings to get through security turnstiles on campus more easily, then they expanded their idea. It only took about 2 weeks to deliver by mail, no customs issues (Canada) either.