Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Latch Does Not Close after Hansshow installation

Sep 22, 2020
San Jose
Help please!

I tried to install the Tesla Model Y trunk hands free sensor today, (from Hansshow, via RPM Tesla) but unfortunately my trunk latch will now no longer close. I followed their video instructions to the letter. Took me 3+ hours!

I tried reconnecting all the original wires, but no luck. Can anyone help me out? I now have a Model Y I can no longer drive! :(

maximus96

Apr 19, 2020
Bay Area CA
need more description...it won't close like the hatch won't come down? or comes down but won't latch? if the latter, you can adjust the bumper stops.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC