Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y lead times and a RWD SR+ offering

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Decisions, decisions. Now that Audi is taking orders for the Q4 in the U.S. I can compare it with the Model Y. The Audi has a nice range of trim packages and driveline options to customize your car, plus the $7,500 federal tax credit. After taxes, delivery and incentives, they range from about $40K to $57K, while the Tesla is $59K. Relatively speaking the Model Y LR AWD is practically one price, take it or leave it, without the tax credit availability at the moment. Eventually, they are going to have to change that to meet the competition, not just Audi. Given the now 6 month lead-times for a MY, I decided to hedge a bit and place an order anyway, hoping that in the long interim between ordering and delivery, a SR+ RWD version will come along and I can change my order right up until the end. It's only $250 at stake if I cancel the order for an Audi. Now at least I can sit back with my feet propped up and take my time to think about the options, For my lifestyle, a LR AWD is way more car and expense than I need.