Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - let the Photoshopping begin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like.

Attachments

• D1ZNDrAUYAA9kRK.jpg-large.jpeg
    D1ZNDrAUYAA9kRK.jpg-large.jpeg
    107.6 KB · Views: 143
Reactions: Drax
they used to have tight lips at Apple... no one saw the iPhone coming... or the iPad. I think they just don't care as much now on those, except whatever their self driving stuff is.

And their satellites...

Leaking on product evolutions builds excitement and is generally good for business. Leaking brandy new stuff doesn’t do much but let potential competitors know what you’re up to.

Narrower cabin than what? I don’t think those two pics should be considered to the same scale. I think the proportions of the Y itself are likely accurate in its own photo. I would guess the 3 and Y will be super close in width.
In the included side by side pic above, the cabin in the Y looks narrower than the 3. In reality, it will be he same or (hopefully) wider.

If the back window is sloped enough, there is no need for a rear wiper. The X doesn't have one because of a combination of the slope and wipers create drag. I suspect the Y will not have a wiper and will have a fairly steeply sloped rear window.

If the back window is sloped enough, there is no need for a rear wiper. The X doesn't have one because of a combination of the slope and wipers create drag. I suspect the Y will not have a wiper and will have a fairly steeply sloped rear window.
Are you saying a steep window does, or does not, need a wiper? IMHO, the lack of a rear wiper on the S is one of its few flaws. Well, either the lack of a rear wiper or the rear hatch's insane magnetic attraction to snow (which I always blamed on the car's aerodynamics).

Are you saying a steep window does, or does not, need a wiper? IMHO, the lack of a rear wiper on the S is one of its few flaws. Well, either the lack of a rear wiper or the rear hatch's insane magnetic attraction to snow (which I always blamed on the car's aerodynamics).

A rear wiper would help, but it isn't necessary. I believe there are requirements for a rear wiper in some jurisdictions if the roof and back window have a certain geometry (common to many hatchbacks), so manufacturers put them there. The aerodynamics of the shape causes gunk to collect in bad weather on the back window. But they are not required if the aerodynamics of the vehicle are different. With a sharp slope, gunk doesn't tend to accumulate on the back window, so manufacturers don't need to put a wiper there.

I've driven my S in the snow (great handling in snow compared to other cars I've driven), but not in much falling snow. I don't know how snow accumulates on the back, but I'll take your word for it. I don't use the center mirror much because the visibility out the back is so poor in general. I got used to poor rear visibility from my Buick which had giant c pillars and tiny outside mirrors compared to modern cars (it was a 1992).