Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Lineup

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Zoomit

Sep 1, 2015
SoCal
Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 8.54.40 PM.png

• Informative
Reactions: Tam and gaswalla
So utterly boring, am sure itll sell well, and all the Tesla haters will still hate it, but it's not for me. No FWD, no powered doors, no massive windscreens, I'll keep our X thank you.

Wife may like it though, looks a bit like her old FN2 Honda Civic.

So utterly boring, am sure itll sell well, and all the Tesla haters will still hate it, but it's not for me. No FWD, no powered doors, no massive windscreens, I'll keep our X thank you.

Wife may like it though, looks a bit like her old FN2 Honda Civic.

When the time comes to replace my 3 in another two years or so, I'll probably be buying a Y in all honesty. I hate SUVs but this is just a chubby Model 3 with a hatch. If it had faffy failure-prone nonsense like the falcon wing doors I'd immediately rule it out.

Reactions: C141medic
Are the colors accurate though? I really like the blue, it looks more like an electric blue. I just hope it looks like that in person b/c the Model 3 blue is really dark and not a distinct blue color.

But the current blue on the Model 3 doesn't feel like an electric blue. My parents liked the white, and since I didn't really like the blue, I was kinda like whatever. I felt the white was the only color Model 3 looked like a signature car in. I even considered red, but in person it doesn't look like Lightning McQueen's red, it looks more like dark lipstick.

I went to LA and drove around, and some young early 20s guys in Gucci sweaters said "nice Model 3". Young Gucci wearing kids who I thought would prefer Mercedes or BMW also see Tesla as among bling bling normal cars.

Are the colors accurate though? I really like the blue, it looks more like an electric blue. I just hope it looks like that in person b/c the Model 3 blue is really dark and not a distinct blue color.

But the current blue on the Model 3 doesn't feel like an electric blue. My parents liked the white, and since I didn't really like the blue, I was kinda like whatever. I felt the white was the only color Model 3 looked like a signature car in. I even considered red, but in person it doesn't look like Lightning McQueen's red, it looks more like dark lipstick.

I went to LA and drove around, and some young early 20s guys in Gucci sweaters said "nice Model 3". Young Gucci wearing kids who I thought would prefer Mercedes or BMW also see Tesla as among bling bling normal cars.

No. The blue is a lie, always has been. Tesla have an aversion to interesting colors besides red.