Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • The final cut of TMC Podcast #34 is available now with topics timestamped. We covered Tesla's rollercoaster prices, Toyota pushing junk science, Mike's new Model 3, Optimizing track mode for snow driving, FSD V11 apparently coming by the end of this week, and more. You can watch and check out the chat replay on YouTube.

Model Y - Long Rage - Defer Delivery

Hello,
Thanks in advance for your response.
Mine is Y LR - 3 rows, white on white with FSD & Hitch - Ordered Jan 2022
I got my VIN assigned this morning. I m not in a situation to the take the delivery for the last 2 months as I m out of the country. I had to release the VIN for the last 2 times in the last 1-2 months & this is the third time the VIN is assigned to me. Tesla rep said, she understands my situation but she said there is a risk of my order getting cancelled as this is the third time. Earlier my delivery date was in Oct 2022 & I did inform the rep about my travel before leaving USA and they did make a note on the order but that didn't help. Do i typically have any option when it reaches the cancellation stage ? do they just cancel the order by sending a cancellation email ?
Third time releasing the VIN is risky ?
Having the FSD option accelerated my delivery ? If I remove that, will that push back my delivery ?
thanks a lot

Hello,
Thanks in advance for your response.
Mine is Y LR - 3 rows, white on white with FSD & Hitch - Ordered Jan 2022
I got my VIN assigned this morning. I m not in a situation to the take the delivery for the last 2 months as I m out of the country. I had to release the VIN for the last 2 times in the last 1-2 months & this is the third time the VIN is assigned to me. Tesla rep said, she understands my situation but she said there is a risk of my order getting cancelled as this is the third time. Earlier my delivery date was in Oct 2022 & I did inform the rep about my travel before leaving USA and they did make a note on the order but that didn't help. Do i typically have any option when it reaches the cancellation stage ? do they just cancel the order by sending a cancellation email ?
Third time releasing the VIN is risky ?
Having the FSD option accelerated my delivery ? If I remove that, will that push back my delivery ?
thanks a lot
tell them you are out of the country for 2months and can they put the order on hold. you then have two months to go in and re-activate the order before it either activates itself or cancels.

Upvote 0

DanDi58

Jun 22, 2020
Dayton NJ
tell them you are out of the country for 2months and can they put the order on hold. you then have two months to go in and re-activate the order before it either activates itself or cancels.
I would definitely tell them that, but don't assume they will put it on hold. You're at a lesser price than currently, so they may just say 'go pound sand, we can sell your car at current price' and ask you to reorder.

Upvote 0

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC