Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Long Rage - Defer Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
Thanks in advance for your response.
Mine is Y LR - 3 rows, white on white with FSD & Hitch - Ordered Jan 2022
I got my VIN assigned this morning. I m not in a situation to the take the delivery for the last 2 months as I m out of the country. I had to release the VIN for the last 2 times in the last 1-2 months & this is the third time the VIN is assigned to me. Tesla rep said, she understands my situation but she said there is a risk of my order getting cancelled as this is the third time. Earlier my delivery date was in Oct 2022 & I did inform the rep about my travel before leaving USA and they did make a note on the order but that didn't help. Do i typically have any option when it reaches the cancellation stage ? do they just cancel the order by sending a cancellation email ?
Third time releasing the VIN is risky ?
Having the FSD option accelerated my delivery ? If I remove that, will that push back my delivery ?
thanks a lot

Hello,
Thanks in advance for your response.
Mine is Y LR - 3 rows, white on white with FSD & Hitch - Ordered Jan 2022
I got my VIN assigned this morning. I m not in a situation to the take the delivery for the last 2 months as I m out of the country. I had to release the VIN for the last 2 times in the last 1-2 months & this is the third time the VIN is assigned to me. Tesla rep said, she understands my situation but she said there is a risk of my order getting cancelled as this is the third time. Earlier my delivery date was in Oct 2022 & I did inform the rep about my travel before leaving USA and they did make a note on the order but that didn't help. Do i typically have any option when it reaches the cancellation stage ? do they just cancel the order by sending a cancellation email ?
Third time releasing the VIN is risky ?
Having the FSD option accelerated my delivery ? If I remove that, will that push back my delivery ?
thanks a lot
tell them you are out of the country for 2months and can they put the order on hold. you then have two months to go in and re-activate the order before it either activates itself or cancels.

Upvote 0
tell them you are out of the country for 2months and can they put the order on hold. you then have two months to go in and re-activate the order before it either activates itself or cancels.
I would definitely tell them that, but don't assume they will put it on hold. You're at a lesser price than currently, so they may just say 'go pound sand, we can sell your car at current price' and ask you to reorder.

Upvote 0