Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Long Range Delivery Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone! I ordered my MYLR Grey Exterior, white interior, Tow hitch, 5 seats, no FSD. I ordered in mid August 2021. I live in Iowa. My initial EDD was February 2022 then slowly got pushed back. Accepted financing when my EDD was May 2022 in March 2022. Then just last week it changed to May 28-June 11. Then this morning, only 8 days out, changed to the furthest it has every been. 9/1-10/13. Does this happen often? If it gets delivered in October, that will have been 14 months. Also, my loan offer is only good until July, will they honor it past that if they are the ones pushing it back? Any advice would be appreciated!

Hey everyone! I ordered my MYLR Grey Exterior, white interior, Tow hitch, 5 seats, no FSD. I ordered in mid August 2021. I live in Iowa. My initial EDD was February 2022 then slowly got pushed back. Accepted financing when my EDD was May 2022 in March 2022. Then just last week it changed to May 28-June 11. Then this morning, only 8 days out, changed to the furthest it has every been. 9/1-10/13. Does this happen often? If it gets delivered in October, that will have been 14 months. Also, my loan offer is only good until July, will they honor it past that if they are the ones pushing it back? Any advice would be appreciated!
i believe the loan is normally good for 60 days. You will need to contact the bank for details. if you finance thru Tesla, did you receive any documentation from them on the loan approval and see what the terms, and details?

Changing things, like adding a loan, has pushed many of us out in the past. I think that's what dinged you, unfortunately. It resets your order date, essentially. If you don't get a car before your loan offer expires, I would not renew it and have it removed from your profile. I might do that now. Add the loan after you get your VIN.

This process changed for those who ordered after October I think, but for the August orders like us, it still seems to be an issue.

Changing things, like adding a loan, has pushed many of us out in the past. I think that's what dinged you, unfortunately. It resets your order date, essentially. If you don't get a car before your loan offer expires, I would not renew it and have it removed from your profile. I might do that now. Add the loan after you get your VIN.

This process changed for those who ordered after October I think, but for the August orders like us, it still seems to be an issue.
I only did financing once. Tesla gave me an offer and I accepted it. I don't want to take it off becuase I like the terms I got and don't want to chance them not being offered again. I just don't understand how any of that would make mine be so erratic. Thank you for the help.

Typically loan terms are only good for up to 60 days. Since finances change and the market changes, they won't honor loan terms due to the EDD being pushed out. If so, there would be a lot of owners locked in to pre-inflation rates.

I only did financing once. Tesla gave me an offer and I accepted it. I don't want to take it off becuase I like the terms I got and don't want to chance them not being offered again. I just don't understand how any of that would make mine be so erratic. Thank you for the help.
I hear what you are saying, but if your loan is likely to expire as @Kairide just said as I am typing this. You won't keep your rate but you likely will push your EDD out again.

I hear what you are saying, but if your loan is likely to expire as @Kairide just said as I am typing this. You won't keep your rate but you likely will push your EDD out again.
Thank you both. Mine is set to expire 7/25. So I have a little over two months. Just yesterday my EDD was May 28-June 11. Now its well into September. That shouldn't, in a perfect world, be a reason to pass me up.

When your loan offer will expire and you don't get car, change method of payment to cash, just to keep your profile completed. When you get VIN, you can contact your service adviser and ask him to change back to financing so you can apply for the loan again.

About 1 week before we were assigned our VIN (at the time, we were within a 2 week delivery window), our EDD jumped from end of April 22 to 'Oct 22 to Jan23'. It was shocking news! And then our VIN was assigned, and a request to schedule delivery came within 1-2 days. So those long dates out are just placeholders while they are working on assigning you to your car, imo.

About 1 week before we were assigned our VIN (at the time, we were within a 2 week delivery window), our EDD jumped from end of April 22 to 'Oct 22 to Jan23'. It was shocking news! And then our VIN was assigned, and a request to schedule delivery came within 1-2 days. So those long dates out are just placeholders while they are working on assigning you to your car, imo.
Often. For a long time there was June Jail.

About a month ago I had the two week EDD window from May 14 to May 25. Trade in text came in a few days after, replied no, then the EDD went to Nov 22 to Feb 23 and it’s been like that for 3 weeks now. Hope this follows your course.

To make matters worse the Tesla rep calls me yesterday and says “thanks for your new Tesla order”. Ended up being another person with my same name ordered a car and I was called instead of the other person, WTF Tesla!?

About a month ago I had the two week EDD window from May 14 to May 25. Trade in text came in a few days after, replied no, then the EDD went to Nov 22 to Feb 23 and it’s been like that for 3 weeks now. Hope this follows your course.

To make matters worse the Tesla rep calls me yesterday and says “thanks for your new Tesla order”. Ended up being another person with my same name ordered a car and I was called instead of the other person, WTF Tesla!?
I feel your pain... today I was also move to Nov 22 - Feb 23. :(

So when do you think the latest any of us from August will get a delivery? Mine says into October. That would be 14 months.

I cannot know the ways of Tesla - it often depends on exactly what options were ordered, if the reservation was ever put on hold, when the financing and whatnot was completed, the phase of the moon, etc. It seems like orders from late 2021 are being filled at a decent pace thru the summer here - Tesla is motivated to "work off" the older cheaper orders and get to delivering the newer higher profit ones...

Also note MYP's tend to go much faster

Reactions: MizzleD and T3$l@mo
I cannot know the ways of Tesla - it often depends on exactly what options were ordered, if the reservation was ever put on hold, when the financing and whatnot was completed, the phase of the moon, etc. It seems like orders from late 2021 are being filled at a decent pace thru the summer here - Tesla is motivated to "work off" the older cheaper orders and get to delivering the newer higher profit ones...

Also note MYP's tend to go much faster
Haha, the phases of the moon sound accurate.

My car is very plain, only option was the 20” wheels. Profile was completed the day of order back in January, set to cash, no trade, etc. For them to get the lower margin cars out first and quickly makes business sense from the outside but this is Tesla so we’ll probably never know what’s going on with this crazy algorithm they use.

Also, anybody know what the ratio of MYP’s to MYLR’s is?

The delivery timing for MYP keeps increasing and if they have such a backlog for the higher margin model and that’s what they prioritize that means they’ll only pump out MYP’s. But again, with Tesla who knows.

Model Y LR - 5 seat
White exterior
White interior
20” Induction
Tow
No FSD

Order Date - 10/3/2021

Original EDD - April 2022
10/5 - March 20 to April 17
10/12 - March 6 to April 3
Early Jan - June
2/13 - Feb 27 to March 13
2/18 - June
2/22 - June 20 to July 18
2/26 - June
3/12 - September 18 to October 16
3/28 - June
3/29 - August 30 to October 25
5/11 - August 26 to October 7
5/25 - June 3 to June 14
5/30 - September 4 to October 16

This happens often; here is my history playing the wait game. I also got finance approved in February when I was a few days out from EDD. Obviously it expired and I won’t apply again until I get a VIN and delivery date confirmed.

I think that there’s an issue making cars with white interior, inductions and the tow hitch. Most cars delivering recently are Gemini; Tesla is probably playing catch up on Gemini backlog from last year.