Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Long Range Delivery Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When your loan offer will expire and you don't get car, change method of payment to cash, just to keep your profile completed. When you get VIN, you can contact your service adviser and ask him to change back to financing so you can apply for the loan again.
When mine expired I eventually changed and left it open, my car went from Aug/Sept back to June3-June14.

Of course it went back out; but I really do not believe in “profile completion” having an effect anymore. Configs like ours are getting pushed out everywhere.

I was advised by the Tesla 800 number that keeping it open or setting it to cash makes no difference. I don’t think Tesla is producing our config right now. I think they had a huge Gemini backlog that they are trying to clear now.

Reactions: kelseyfaye
When mine expired I eventually changed and left it open, my car went from Aug/Sept back to June3-June14.

Of course it went back out; but I really do not believe in “profile completion” having an effect anymore. Configs like ours are getting pushed out everywhere.

I was advised by the Tesla 800 number that keeping it open or setting it to cash makes no difference. I don’t think Tesla is producing our config right now. I think they had a huge Gemini backlog that they are trying to clear now.
My SA answered me in email, that Tesla prioritize completed profiles higher... not sure where is the truth 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: MizzleD

there is 100% supply issues/delays with our config. I have the exact same, minus tow. the SA confirmed last time I called. next round isn't until late summer. I was in TBD jail foreverrrr and now I have an Aug/Sep EDD.

Reactions: MizzleD
Be encouraged!

For all of the war stories you have heard about Tesla deliveries, let me add some balance.

Picked up my Model Y Performance at Merritt Island yesterday. The one I ordered in Nov 2021. Many thanks to whoever provided the delivery checklist on this great website. I ticked off the list without any pressure from the very polite and conscientious SA Elana. She said they were delivering 14 Teslas yesterday from Merritt Island. She said her usual store at the Florida Mall had about 30 deliveries a day.

I walked through the checklist with her help (light and signal checks) and with the help of my friend who brought me there in the first Tesla I ever bought, the 2014 Model S which he now owns and has 107k miles on it. You can see it in the background picture shining like new. After 8 years, he just removed the PPF and that hood looks just like it came out of the paint shop. A day without PPF is a day without sunshine. The new Model YP is scheduled for its detailing and PPF coat with the final layer being ceramic on June 14.

A thorough inspection, by the checklist, revealed a near-perfect vehicle. When we drove up, Elana was applying the finishing touches. There were what appeared to be scratches on the lower part of the front bumper and Elana dutifully got on the ground with a cloth (and perhaps some compound, who knows), but they disappeared in seconds, turning the experience into a 100% PERFECT delivery. The panel lines, matches and sheer cleanliness of the vehicle were perfect. The delivery process was slick. Elana attached the "BYE2GAS license plate that has been on every one of my Tesla's and it was nice to see the free license plate frame with the Model Y logo. Once I hit the accept button on my app, I was able to activate my phone with one tap of the key card. Bluetooth came next and then the setting of the Driver's Profile. Unfortunately, we are getting our first tropical storm of the year here, so great pictures are not in order.

The MYP, yet to be named (Tessie 7??) is my seventh Tesla and I have yet to identify any major problems that haven't been readily rectified in any of them.
My 2021 MYLR in Red had a rear bumper that was slightly mismatched and they offered to replace both the front and rear bumpers. I visited the service department in Orlando for less than two hours and had the rear bumper replaced. I was unable to notice the difference on the front and didn't want to mess with it and all of its sensors.

So there you have it, another PERFECT vehicle delivery. Hopefully, this offsets some of the negative experiences folks have reported and is an encouragement to your upcoming delivery.

Attachments

• Tessie.jpg
    Tessie.jpg
    557.9 KB · Views: 128
  • Tessie7.jpg
    Tessie7.jpg
    757 KB · Views: 82
Hey everyone! I ordered my MYLR Grey Exterior, white interior, Tow hitch, 5 seats, no FSD. I ordered in mid August 2021. I live in Iowa. My initial EDD was February 2022 then slowly got pushed back. Accepted financing when my EDD was May 2022 in March 2022. Then just last week it changed to May 28-June 11. Then this morning, only 8 days out, changed to the furthest it has every been. 9/1-10/13. Does this happen often? If it gets delivered in October, that will have been 14 months. Also, my loan offer is only good until July, will they honor it past that if they are the ones pushing it back? Any advice would be appreciated!
I am in same boat. I ordered in August 21 white long range. My car is total loss now so need one desperate. I talked to Tesla sales team many times but no luck. It is still showing up august to October 22 delivery date.This is frustrating and annoying now.

I am in same boat. I ordered in August 21 white long range. My car is total loss now so need one desperate. I talked to Tesla sales team many times but no luck. It is still showing up august to October 22 delivery date.This is frustrating and annoying now.
Hey everyone! I am in same boat as well, I had ordered my MYLR RED Exterior, Tow hitch, 5 seats, no FSD. I ordered in mid November 2021. I live in WA. My initial EDD was March 2022 then slowly got pushed back. Accepted financing and down payment when my EDD was June 2 2022 to June 30 20202. On June 4th, the date changed to 7/30 - 9/10. Does this happen often? If it gets delivered in Sept, that will have been 10 months. Any advice would be appreciated!

Hey everyone! I am in same boat as well, I had ordered my MYLR RED Exterior, Tow hitch, 5 seats, no FSD. I ordered in mid November 2021. I live in WA. My initial EDD was March 2022 then slowly got pushed back. Accepted financing and down payment when my EDD was June 2 2022 to June 30 20202. On June 4th, the date changed to 7/30 - 9/10. Does this happen often? If it gets delivered in Sept, that will have been 10 months. Any advice would be appreciated!
Definitely happens, pretty often…. I fell for that trick once back in February. Didn’t even flinch when EDD came back to June 3 a week or two again. Now I’m in sept/Oct now I’m seeing scary things (EDD moved to like November/December for oct 2021 orders) in the October 2021 order board I’m in on this website.

Reactions: sanantoniotx
Oh and I’ve learned not to do anything with credit until I get a VIN and a delivery date. Because there are people out there with VINs and then have massive delays.

I really hate Tesla locking down demo cars. I have to carrier direct the car when it comes…but had to choose mn…since my state doesn’t have a store. If I was lucky enough to get a demo vehicle in mn I still can’t get it shipped to me…I’m saying this because I was told the car has to travel to mn before it can be sent carrier direct to my state