Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Long Range Rear Wheel Drive (LR RWD)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does it mean finally getting cancel and refund our money automatic or they still holding our money to buy bitcoin??
I hope they would do a formal reach out by corporate to have us move to another vehicle or have us choose refund if they decide to cancel the trim rather than just refunding our money without notice.....think that would be a bad business move but if you are on top of the world, you aren't worried about the things beneath you, I guess....

I hope they would do a formal reach out by corporate to have us move to another vehicle or have us choose refund if they decide to cancel the trim rather than just refunding our money without notice.....think that would be a bad business move but if you are on top of the world, you aren't worried about the things beneath you, I guess....
I hope they would not make such a rash move or ill-advised business decision. Imagine how many people like myself may have used a credit card for the down payment which they no longer have because it's expired or they closed the account. How can they just issue a refund without reaching out to the customer first?

Reactions: CoastalCruiser
I hope they would not make such a rash move or ill-advised business decision. Imagine how many people like myself may have used a credit card for the down payment which they no longer have because it's expired or they closed the account. How can they just issue a refund without reaching out to the customer first?
This actually happened to me - I placed the $2,500 down payment with a Chase credit card that has since been cancelled. When I cancelled my LR RWD reservation a few weeks ago (since I had purchased a SR RWD), the $2,500 was refunded to that cancelled credit card, such that I now have a negative balance of $2,500 on that credit card. In my experience, the credit card company will issue a check for that credit balance, but who knows how long that process will take.

Anyone getting calls about switching to another model other than the LR RWD? I got an email from the Northern VA dealership in Feb, I am located in Richmond so it was a little weird since I am in contact with the Richmond dealership. Anyway, she stated they are running a promotion for Feb and March allowing us to keep our FSD price and switch to another model at todays price. After some emails back and forth and feeling her out, my assumption was this "promotion" was just a sales pitch...I asked her for some solid information regarding the promotion from corporate Tesla since we haven't heard anything regarding this promotion nor from the Richmond dealership and she went silent. Curious about others thoughts or experiences in regard to this.....
I still have my deposit down for the LR RWD. I called when the SR was released and told them I didn’t want that car. I wanted some type of compensation if I switched to the AWD now with higher FSD price. Christian at the San Jose office said he’d be get back to me right away. What a fool anyone is to believe anything that anyone at Tesla says. No one has called back, no ones has reached out at any level. Conclusion. Tesla Hayes their clients and does not want us to buy their cars. What a sham.

I still have my deposit down for the LR RWD. I called when the SR was released and told them I didn’t want that car. I wanted some type of compensation if I switched to the AWD now with higher FSD price. Christian at the San Jose office said he’d be get back to me right away. What a fool anyone is to believe anything that anyone at Tesla says. No one has called back, no ones has reached out at any level. Conclusion. Tesla hates their clients and does not want us to buy their cars. What a sham.

The sales advisor said it was possible to convert the order and keep your original FSD price. He submitted the change on Feb 19 and said he resubmitted it last Friday, March 12. I will update the group if it gets done.

With this slow process, many advisors may just say it is not possible
I just got the go ahead from my sales advisor to allow me to keep my reserved FSD price for my model Y RWD reservation. My account page is in the process of changing now. I even have a vin # now. Fingers are crossed.

Reactions: ahanorcal
I just got the go ahead from my sales advisor to allow me to keep my reserved FSD price for my model Y RWD reservation. My account page is in the process of changing now. I even have a vin # now. Fingers are crossed.
My account page changed to allow editing the configuration the first time I talk to the advisor but I still have the original configuration, but both times the sales advisor said he made the change and is waiting for it to be updated, so I did not want to edit on my end.

Rod, did you have to do anything like edit your configuration yourself?

My account page changed to allow editing the configuration the first time I talk to the advisor but I still have the original configuration, but both times the sales advisor said he made the change and is waiting for it to be updated, so I did not want to edit on my end.

Rod, did you have to do anything like edit your configuration yourself?
I have not done any configuration editing yet. They said they would do that for me. It appears that they have done the editing, but the price is not reflecting the FSD discount yet. I have a call into my SA now to ask what we need to do next. We have not completed the registration info yet.

I have not done any configuration editing yet. They said they would do that for me. It appears that they have done the editing, but the price is not reflecting the FSD discount yet. I have a call into my SA now to ask what we need to do next. We have not completed the registration info yet.
My SA warned me a few times that when the configuration is edited it may have the wrong FSD price and they may have to "fix" it in the final contract.

Report calling out CARB listing for LR RWD. Still hope?

Hopefully, but they pulled it a few hours later.

Tesla Model Y Long Range RWD still a possibility after CARB certification appears, then disappears online - Drive Tesla Canada

Last Aug they produced a small run of Model Y RWD cars for certification. I think they did all the range numbers and certifications, but they stopped a planned fall release because of strong AWD sales. You can see articles about the limited RWD run and Elon's tweet about Model Y RWD coming soon on July 20 last year.

The key problem is batteries, Panasonic and other suppliers are not keeping up with higher profit AWD and energy sales growth. Until Tesla has their own factories, and they are producing batteries in volume I do not think we will see the Model Y RWD. Maybe Q1 2022, if ever. These are billion-dollar decisions despite I think an honest desire to deliver the Model they just do not have the battery capacity.

Changed my RWD LR order to AWD over the phone today. Was told FSD price could be retained from original reservation price. Website updated with new price. Anyone know how long it takes to be corrected?
Which new price are you getting ? I am about to call to switch from LR RWD to AWD and need all the information I can get before I make the call. I had one sales rep tell me no deals. Cancel my order and reorder an AWD. I want to keep my FSD as is.
Advise requested please.

Reactions: ahanorcal
Which new price are you getting ? I am about to call to switch from LR RWD to AWD and need all the information I can get before I make the call. I had one sales rep tell me no deals. Cancel my order and reorder an AWD. I want to keep my FSD as is.
Advise requested please.

Bottom line I just want a car at a fair price, which to me is order price + cost of AWD motors. There is much confusion at Tesla and no communication.
There is no negotiation, just accept or not.

Feb 9 I asked and they did change my order to AWD, but only on March 23 and I do not have a VIN or final sales agreement document yet. I followed up with them 4 times before the change.

I would keep records for example a PDF of your current order details before asking for the change.

The price I have is currently $1,000 CDN less than current retail, which may be the correct price given all the price changes on the product since launch. A number of people said they would honour the old FSD price but only with the old base price. The original base price was around 52kUSD and 6kUSD for FSD. The difference between the original LRRWD price to the current LRAWD may not be very much. I am in Canada so I have different price changes.

The Sales Advisor that made the change said the prices you see may be current retail, but they would "fix" them in the sales agreement document.

You are in California so you could still get something this quarter. I think I will not make the end of the quarter so it will be pushed out for maybe a month.

I will also be looking for Q2 price and model changes maybe around April 11th. I expect they will let the dust from the end of the quarter and let people have an easter break before introducing changes. As I have said before I think they are battery supply limited until Austin is online so they will not be discounted much.

Reactions: blissdancer
Cancelled my 7-seat LR RWD order today. I don't think I was in the mood to compromise on another, more expensive substitute. And the deals on the Chevy Bolts this month are simply too good right now. So I turned in my leased 2019 Bolt and purchased outright a 2021 model.

So that's both a Model 3 and a Model Y window I've missed for one reason or another. Still have a CyberTruck on order, but gee, the VW ID.Buzz microbus will be out around the same time. Having owned 3 bugs, 2 Westies, and 1 transporter, that is going to yet another tough call.

Happy motoring everyone! Maybe see you in the CT forum.