Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Low Speed Noise?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all, does Model Y have a sound when driving forward at low speeds? I have a 3 from 2019 and it's deadly silent at low speeds. The model Y I picked up last week makes noise like which sounds like the tires make a lot more road noise than the three. It's not the Jetson's Woowoowooo sound that is very obvious. It's just.... louder road noise. Is this supposed to happen?

Does it happen to sound like you are running over gravel or rocks? If so, it is the hub caps that come on the 19" Gemini wheels and it is a known issue. You can actually duplicate the noise by pressing in on the hubcaps with your hands. Alternatively, you can take the hubcaps off and there is a nice set of alloy rims underneath them, you just need to buy the wheel cap kit that Tesla sells on their website to make them look nice.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Hey all, does Model Y have a sound when driving forward at low speeds? I have a 3 from 2019 and it's deadly silent at low speeds. The model Y I picked up last week makes noise like which sounds like the tires make a lot more road noise than the three. It's not the Jetson's Woowoowooo sound that is very obvious. It's just.... louder road noise. Is this supposed to happen?
Not sure about your M3, but the MY from late last year has the Pedestrian Warning System in the front - speaker in front of the passenger's side front wheel. It emits a sort of 'white noise' sound up to about 17 mph in Drive - it's really hard to hear and nowhere near as loud as the UFO reverse sound.