Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y LR Appearance Mods

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've done several appearance mods to my MYLR and wanted to share them with everyone here. I was going for a sportier look without breaking the bank, and I am happy with how everything turned out. Here is a list of the mods that I have done so far:

Gloss Black vinyl wrap on front spoiler, below fog lights, side view mirrors, and stripe on rear trunk

80% ceramic tint on side and rear glass

Gloss Black front fog light canards (Amazon)

White vinyl wrap on center caps (Ebay seller EVPartsonline)

Black T E S L A letters installed on trunk (Ebay seller EVPartsonline)

Painted frunk Tesla emblem black and de-badged rear trunk emblem and dual motor letters

AOSK rear spoiler (Amazon)

Calipers painted blue, Tesla stickers applied to fronts, and then clearcoated

LED front footwell and puddle light swap (Amazon)
Tesla 12.jpg

Tesla 11.jpg

Tesla 1.jpg

Tesla 2.jpg

Tesla 3.jpg

Tesla 9.jpg

Tesla 10.jpg

Note: Some of those pictures were taken before the calipers had been painted. Let's see who else has made appearance mods to their MY's!

That looks really nice, I like the block Tesla letters across the back in matte black. It looks better than just the Tesla logo.
Thanks a lot! I saw a video on YouTube that said the trunk emblem was screwed on but actually it was just glued along with the dual motor letters as well. Interesting note, the dual motor letters are individually affixed versus it being one piece.

Thanks a lot! I saw a video on YouTube that said the trunk emblem was screwed on but actually it was just glued along with the dual motor letters as well. Interesting note, the dual motor letters are individually affixed versus it being one piece.
It reminds of the 911 I had. I removed all the chrome Porsche 911 Carrera S and replaced it with just a simple black PORSCHE letters normally seen only on the GTS version. The block matte black lettering looks clean yet understated. In any case, definitely better than just a black T logo.

The wrap shop removed my tesla chrome T's and they returned the letters to me. I also removed the dual motor thing too. Anyone want them?

Thanks a lot! I saw a video on YouTube that said the trunk emblem was screwed on but actually it was just glued

@Hahabye early 2020 builds had posts on the emblem that fit into holes in the bodywork, presumably to make aligning them straight a no-brainer during manufacturing. They changed at some point in 2020 to just stickers with no hole-and-post.

Reactions: Hahabye
Looks really good! how much did it cost to paint the calipers blue? I just got my Tesla model y long range dual motor a few days ago and I blacked it out but looking at painting the calipers and doing similar exterior mods as yours.

Looks really good! how much did it cost to paint the calipers blue? I just got my Tesla model y long range dual motor a few days ago and I blacked it out but looking at painting the calipers and doing similar exterior mods as yours.
Thanks a lot. Believe it or not I only paid $100 to have them painted by a local tire and rim shop. They had good google reviews so I rolled the dice because the price was so cheap. They turned out great and I couldn't be happier. FYI I called around and got multiple quotes with some as high as $800 smh.

Reactions: PackMan730
I really like the TESLA letters on the back! Did they come with a template to ensure even application or you just took your time? If the latter, how many inches/cm in spacing did you leave between each letter?
Thanks a lot! The letters are on a template to ensure easy application, but I had the shop that did the tint and wrap install them. I knew they would make sure they were perfect and I didn't want to mess it up, lol. I think they charged me $10 extra which I was more than happy to pay.

Reactions: Trip McNealy
I've done several appearance mods to my MYLR and wanted to share them with everyone here. I was going for a sportier look without breaking the bank, and I am happy with how everything turned out. Here is a list of the mods that I have done so far:

Gloss Black vinyl wrap on front spoiler, below fog lights, side view mirrors, and stripe on rear trunk

80% ceramic tint on side and rear glass

Gloss Black front fog light canards (Amazon)

White vinyl wrap on center caps (Ebay seller EVPartsonline)

Black T E S L A letters installed on trunk (Ebay seller EVPartsonline)

Painted frunk Tesla emblem black and de-badged rear trunk emblem and dual motor letters

AOSK rear spoiler (Amazon)

Calipers painted blue, Tesla stickers applied to fronts, and then clearcoated

LED front footwell and puddle light swap (Amazon)
View attachment 679815
View attachment 679809
View attachment 679810
View attachment 679811
View attachment 679812
View attachment 679813
View attachment 679814

Note: Some of those pictures were taken before the calipers had been painted. Let's see who else has made appearance mods to their MY's!
How did you get the spoiler to stick on and did you get it on in one try without the end lifting on either side?

Can you link to the lights you got? Having trouble finding some of them. I'm doing the same thing but in purple. Have good front footwell and center console lights, but looking for good puddle lights and rear footwell ones (the USB-C rear ones have already been destroyed by my toddler)