Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y LR AWD price

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Swampgator

Apr 27, 2016
Florida
I ran the numbers on my car (model 3 D) with 19s and white interior (no eap/autopilot)

Price today is 51K. SO if the Model Y is 10% more, the same config in the Y will cost around 57K

I think that is a killer price. We are going to replace my Wifes Sequoia with the Y.
We paid 56K for the Sequoia in 2016. While that vehicle is larger than the Y and tows more (we used to own a boat), the Model Y will be safer, faster, smoother, and about 4X more efficient.

The total cost of ownership will be soooooo much less. Each tank of gas for the Toyota runs about 50 bucks. While it may take 2 full charges of the Y to go the same distance, it will only cost $18 for that. Our fuel savings along should work out to around 1500 a year.

This is going to be big.

I ran the numbers on my car (model 3 D) with 19s and white interior (no eap/autopilot)

Price today is 51K. SO if the Model Y is 10% more, the same config in the Y will cost around 57K

I think that is a killer price. We are going to replace my Wifes Sequoia with the Y.
We paid 56K for the Sequoia in 2016. While that vehicle is larger than the Y and tows more (we used to own a boat), the Model Y will be safer, faster, smoother, and about 4X more efficient.

The total cost of ownership will be soooooo much less. Each tank of gas for the Toyota runs about 50 bucks. While it may take 2 full charges of the Y to go the same distance, it will only cost $18 for that. Our fuel savings along should work out to around 1500 a year.

This is going to be big.
Lets hope it can Auto Tow a boat, Auto Hitch would be worth it, and Auto Boat Launch would be fantastic.

But in regards to the price, I would buy it too.

Lets hope it can Auto Tow a boat, Auto Hitch would be worth it, and Auto Boat Launch would be fantastic.
I expect the Y to have a towing option from the beginning of production, something like 4,000 lbs max tow weight and 400 lbs max tongue weight, and to use the same Bosal hitch as the X.

It won’t have “auto” tow anything. :p