Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y LR Brake Upgrades

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it easy to find larger brake rotors to fit on the Model Y LR to improve heat dissipation/reduce brake fade when taking the car to the track? All I see are full big brake kits (e.g Unplugged and Mountain Pass Performance) which are $$$!

Maybe just changing the pads and brake fluid is sufficient?

Is a Y any good on a track? Seems heavy and like it wouldn’t go very far under those conditions. You could rename it the tYr Shredder. By the time you upgrade just the brakes and wheels you’ll have spent more than a used Boxster. I’d like to watch, where do you track it and do you bring your rolls royce to do burnouts while you wait for charging? I’m in a different tax bracket than this.

Is a Y any good on a track? Seems heavy and like it wouldn’t go very far under those conditions. You could rename it the tYr Shredder. By the time you upgrade just the brakes and wheels you’ll have spent more than a used Boxster. I’d like to watch, where do you track it and do you bring your rolls royce to do burnouts while you wait for charging? I’m in a different tax bracket than this.
I'm currently still pondering between a Model Y LR and a Model 3P as I wait to see if new federal EV incentives come out haha - I go to the track 1-2 times a year and am not super hardcore about it so I was wondering if I should do the MY-LR (7 seater) for day-to-day practicality or the M3P for proper track capabilities. I was thinking that I could perhaps just get coilovers and larger rotors for the MY and that would be all that needs to be changed!