Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y LR built in Giga Austin!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ddhir

Dallas, TX (2022 Model Y LR)
Nov 3, 2021
Dallas
Super excited…just received the VIN for my Model Y LR (AWD).
The delivery is scheduled for next week and it seems from the VIN that the MY LR (AWD) was built in Giga Austin!
798C6E29-B628-461C-BBD5-CC38FE867DE3.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m assuming my MY LR will be the same as the MY LR built in Fremont as I understand that 4680 battery is only for the MY SR (279 miles) model…..will know for sure after I get delivery next week

There was a thread on InsideEVs a while back about Austin producing Model Ys with both 4680 and 2170 cells. Wouldn't be surprised if this is starting due to the low yield of 4680s right now.

Reactions: E90alex
There was a thread on InsideEVs a while back about Austin producing Model Ys with both 4680 and 2170 cells. Wouldn't be surprised if this is starting due to the low yield of 4680s right now.

I’m hoping the build quality is as good (if not better) than what’s being built in Fremont

My order agreement is for Long Range (330 miles) as that was the only other variation other than Performance model in Oct 2021.
They introduced Short Range (279 Mike) variant in Jan 2022.
Unless you show that the specific car for which you have an Austin VIN right now is indeed a long range, which is doubtful, we'll probably have to assume you have agreed to take delivery of the MY AWD Standard Range (279 mi) and you're just trolling.

Nothing you've shown here indicates that that VIN is a LR.

Unless you show that the specific car for which you have an Austin VIN right now is indeed a long range, which is doubtful, we'll probably have to assume you have agreed to take delivery of the MY AWD Standard Range (279 mi) and you're just trolling.

Nothing you've shown here indicates that that VIN is a LR.
LMAO