Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y LR built in Giga Austin!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If what others have said is true (that the supply of AWD from Tesla direct is dwindling) it might suggest they have stopped 4680-AWD production and shifted to 2170-LR/P where they can ramp without battery constraints (and switch back when the 4680 bottleneck is over)

I'm not seeing a drop in MYAWD - in fact today's news was that Tesla is expanding the program (and raised the price on MYAWD which is just basically keeping it in line with the price increases across all Tesla products):

I got $20 that says this will end up being an MYSR AWD if its coming out of Austin.. any takers? lol

FYI.. MYSR AWD are actually showing up in Tesla Inventory now. For delivery in the Miami area only

It will be both fun and interesting to see what's actually going on.

Clearly MYAWD output seems to be going up as they are shipping them more widely.

In this thread we either have rare early evidence of a second MYLR line being opened at Austin, or another round of internet fools making thing up - a practice which is both baffling and quite common.

Best news is that $20 bet should be provable in about a week one way or the other.

Reactions: advocate8

Spoken Reviews pulled some screenshots from FB. So, a bit more data for us to analyze.

There is no proof of them being 4680s though, I believe he spoke too soon on the title.
Well, we KNOW that Austin has produced a few MY's with 4680 batteries, and made them available to local folks who had a MY on order. His car has the 279 mile range, so the assumption by everyone is that it is indeed a 4680 car. The Electrek article linked above also shows cars with 279 mile range in inventory and notes they are 4680 cars.

Well, we KNOW that Austin has produced a few MY's with 4680 batteries, and made them available to local folks who had a MY on order. His car has the 279 mile range, so the assumption by everyone is that it is indeed a 4680 car. The Electrek article linked above also shows cars with 279 mile range in inventory and notes they are 4680 cars.

I agree, all of these legit-looking posts are simply examples of people with MYAWD, which have been shipping for months and are not news.

An Austin built MYLR -would- be news, if only we could get proof it's not a bunch of internet trolls and people mis-reading what their MYAWD is.

Reactions: arbitrage000
It will be both fun and interesting to see what's actually going on.

Clearly MYAWD output seems to be going up as they are shipping them more widely.

In this thread we either have rare early evidence of a second MYLR line being opened at Austin, or another round of internet fools making thing up - a practice which is both baffling and quite common.

Best news is that $20 bet should be provable in about a week one way or the other.

I will gladly take your $20 :)

As for MYSR AWD... they are definitely popping up in FL in small numbers. There are actually more available that in the public inventory (and offered to FL folk) but given the high price of them I'm not interested.

I remember back in April Austin event, staff at factory said there will be multiple lines. So having both SR and LR lines will likely happen in Austin. However, Given the low yield of 4680 and high piled up LR orders, the line for LR is not likely to have 4680.

Regardless, the upcoming LR from Austin will have all other’s components that SR have. So congratulations and enjoy.

Reactions: voxel
That’s my car in the screenshot. I’ll pick it up next Tuesday
I am more curious as to the story of the monkey in the photo:

1656015826346.png

Reactions: arbitrage000
All you need to do is show a snapshot of the vin on the car itself, and a picture of the charging screen on the the tesla interface in the car showing the slider at 100% and what that value is.

Rest assured some genius would point out that the photos could have come from different cars.
I imagine that OP will eventually receive a document from Tesla that has the VIN and enough car details to identify its trim.

This is quite the well-organized caper if all of these accounts aren't legit.

I hope it turns out to be at least mostly-legit, since it would mean increased MYLR production for the US.

That said... we have probably hundreds of texans on here discussing and waiting for cars and all the unicorn Austin MYLR's just so happen to go to people who also happened to create an account an hour ago?