Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y LR built in Giga Austin!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in Austin and have had a Model Y LR on order for a while. A couple of weeks back, I was sent the text giving me the option of buying an AWD for immediate delivery. I checked the link daily for more than a couple of weeks, and there were always 3 cars on there as options. The link stopped working a few days back. I’m probably jumping to conclusions, but maybe that’s a sign that they are slowing down or even pausing AWD production to move back to the old batteries until supply of the new ones is better. In any case, I’ll let everybody know if I get an Austin LR delivery notice.

I just got a vin with the 11th digit an "A" so made in Texas. I accepted delivery on next Wednesday in Fort Worth. I didn't actually decode the vin before accepting delivery. My original order was 11-1-2021 for MYLR, they offered me a standard range which I declined, decided to wait for the long range. Everything in my order says long range - I will be pretty upset if Tesla tries to deliver me a standard range. I had not heard of any LR models being produced in Austin, but it appears a few people on this forum (I just joined) are getting MYLR made in Texas. I'm going to call Clear Fork Tesla tomorrow and try to confirm that the car is a MYLR. Never bought a car like this before so it is a bit confusing

Reactions: ddhir
I just got a vin with the 11th digit an "A" so made in Texas. I accepted delivery on next Wednesday in Fort Worth. I didn't actually decode the vin before accepting delivery. My original order was 11-1-2021 for MYLR, they offered me a standard range which I declined, decided to wait for the long range. Everything in my order says long range - I will be pretty upset if Tesla tries to deliver me a standard range. I had not heard of any LR models being produced in Austin, but it appears a few people on this forum (I just joined) are getting MYLR made in Texas. I'm going to call Clear Fork Tesla tomorrow and try to confirm that the car is a MYLR. Never bought a car like this before so it is a bit confusing

Welcome minutes-old-unicorn number 6

• Disagree
Reactions: SageBrush
Don't worry, we're all a figment of ZenRockGarden's imagination, we aren't getting our cars, even though we all live within delivery distance of Austin (I'm in Houston).

Reactions: SageBrush and ddhir
Thanks to @NYMY for decoding the VIN.

7SAYGDEE9NA002767 is confirmed to be a Model Y LR from Austin by my Tesla insider (who told me others before were fake back in March).

EDIT: The battery is suspect to be 2170 but not enough info to 100% confirm.
Glad to hear that Tesla is producing the Model Y Long Range in Austin. Hope this will start reducing the 1 year backlog we are seeing on some configurations.

Don't worry, we're all a figment of ZenRockGarden's imagination, we aren't getting our cars, even though we all live within delivery distance of Austin (I'm in Houston).

I'm taking great joy in welcoming each never-posted-ever unicorn to the collection, and openly hope that it's just a massive coincidence that the only way to get a MYLR from Austin is to have never participated here.

I'm taking great joy in welcoming each never-posted-ever unicorn to the collection, and openly hope that it's just a massive coincidence that the only way to get a MYLR from Austin is to have never participated here.
You could be right and they are all fake postings.

You could also be wrong. We are heading into the last week of the month and the last week of the quarter. ;)

You could also be wrong. We are heading into the last week of the month and the last week of the quarter. ;)

I totally and utterly hope at least one of the never-posted-before-unicorns is real, since it would mean a new MYLR line at Austin and greater supply for the USA.

Would you like my social security number? What would prove it to you anyways? All I can do is screenshot.
Settle down, Grasshopper. Your edited screenshot describes my car and probably thousands of other blue MYLRs belonging to members here and obtained over the last several years. Be patient and don't take it personally. We are twice bitten, thrice shy on this sort of thing.

I found a guy with Austin VIN that has at least been on the forum since early May.
I feel this may actually be for real which is great news for the backlog.

You could also be wrong.

Exactly. Quiet skepticism is reasonable until a kind person posts a video of delivery or updated documentation. Until then I wish the weeny whiners would shut up. All the negativity can do is annoy those who might be posting truthful information for **our** benefit.

One thing is for sure: if I was to be so lucky to notified by Tesla of a MYLR Austin car, I would not post the information here. I have no wish to be pre-judged a liar until I fulfill the demands of a bunch of anonymous schmucks on the internet.

I think at this point, we have to assume that LR Austin cars are real. That said, the most interesting thing to me is what we are not seeing, which are MYPs. If they are simply transplanting the 2170s into the Austin line, then why omit the Performance? It's not like there is any special tooling that needs to be in place for the Performance versus the LR.

Reactions: BMWY