Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y LR built in Giga Austin!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EOQ Q1 earnings call Tesla said they’d produce 2170 MY LR in Austin. Then only reason there are questions is 3 weeks ago Elon said there was a delay in the line due to parts availability. The delay could have been 4 or 5 weeks ago for all we know and the line was about to start producing right after the interview and maybe Elon expected it to already have been producing by that point.

They said they will be the same as Fremont. 2170 non structural. The packs are already being built at Giga Nevada so they just need to truck/train to Austin. No reason to reengineer them to fit the Austin structural body. Then you’d have to change the Nevada line.

There are no MYP Austin vins because a new line will have teething issues and you don’t want those on your top of the line vehicle Which also has a shorter wait time. People going from 6 months to front of the line on LR AWD will overlook these teething issues.

As far as whether it is 2170 or 4680, you will need to take a picture of the battery part number label. For 2170 packs, it is on the front passenger side of the battery towards the middle. You reach you phone in behind the front tire and shoot back under the car. There is discussion how to accomplish this in one of the M3 battery threads. Here is a pic of the sticker on the front of a removed battery.
1656146984438.jpeg

You should see 1104422-02-W, Style CA along with a QR code and serial number. This is the pack in my Jan 22 LR MY, which doesn’t show in the EPC. Or one of the below numbers maybe per the EPC
1656146658432.png

If there is no label there then that could be because the structure is different which is unlikely but not impossible. Structural pack part number per the EPC is 2620021-10-E.

I was mulling over whether it is possible to prove at this time that VINs are going out for MIA Model LR.

I think the phone app shows the VIN and RN on one screen, while the website provides a sale document that links RN to car specs.
The issue is, is it a MYLR with 4680's or 2170's? I'm not even sure there is a way to show what's actually physically in the car without hoisting a MYAWDSR and a MYLR from Austin and compare the packs (from the exterior only, obviously). I mean, the 4680 is taller than the 2170 so I would assume the pack would be thicker as well. Isn't there a sticker hidden underneath the car somewhere that shows which batteries are being used?

View attachment 820927
View attachment 820928

Just got my appointment for Monday, currently adding my super fake car to my insurance and paying a fake ACH transfer for the fake car that doesn't exist.
Ha me too. Tesla already withdrew nearly $60k from my checking account for my fake car. Delivery scheduled for Thursday afternoon. Interesting that they are delivering in Houston before Austin. I wonder if they actually had to ship them out of state before delivering in Texas?

Man, stop taking this so personally. Nobody knows you yet here, so it isn't about you. All we know about you after 14 posts is that you have a sensitive nature.
Ah yes, the ol' "haha we're not the assholes, you're the asshole for being offended by our constant taunts!"

Don't admit you're wrong, or apologize, just double down on being toxic. People wonder why Tesla owners get so much hate.

I for one, welcome the Austin LRs. Less people switching to the MYP now, which for me is a good thing.

Every report/indication (from Musk himself even) is that they will be identical 2170 non structural packs, so no harm no foul.