Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y LR built in Giga Austin!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SA changed my Appt to Tuesday at 5pm to give them time to get the temp tags. Annoyed I'll spend my first drive going 2mph on I45 all the way home, but would be a lot better than getting there and not having the tags I guess.
They told me they may not have the temp tags yet and I have to sign a waiver to take the car without them. But said they are applying for the tags Monday so I’m thinking they will have them by Thursday.

They told me they may not have the temp tags yet and I have to sign a waiver to take the car without them. But said they are applying for the tags Monday so I’m thinking they will have them by Thursday.
Haha, getting mixed signals I guess, I don't see why it would take so long when the system is all digital, I just signed the temp tag paperwork. I don't see how I could drive off without the tags, but it's not like the cops around here care with all the fake tags. I won't get my hopes up about Tuesday then. Thanks for the heads up.

Maybe time to print my own like I have a used Nissan Altima.

There is no VIN on the delivery screen, wow people, added my insurance card if you would like to see it there
Ignore them @Avianz - blocking works too.
Nobody here has a right to tell you to do anything to make them feel better.
You don't need to bother posting any personal docs to prove anything to them.
Enjoy your Model Y when it arrives.
Hell of a welcome to TMC.

The issue is, is it a MYLR with 4680's or 2170's? I'm not even sure there is a way to show what's actually physically in the car without hoisting a MYAWDSR and a MYLR from Austin and compare the packs (from the exterior only, obviously). I mean, the 4680 is taller than the 2170 so I would assume the pack would be thicker as well. Isn't there a sticker hidden underneath the car somewhere that shows which batteries are being used?
Once someone receives the vehicle they can see if performance boost is available for it. If performance boost is available then it is 2170 (most likely). If not, then 4680.

There is no VIN on the delivery screen, wow people, added my insurance card if you would like to see it there
We’re gonna need you to post a picture of you and Elon in cowboy hats and chaps standing next to the vehicle in a warm embrace holding the invoice between you
Next they’ll need to disassemble the vehicle enough to to find the portion of the battery pack that lists the type and capacity. Remove this cell and place it on the hood next to the VIN so that we can see both in the same image.
Finally to make sure it’s really you we need your social, bank PIN number, mother’s maiden name, and the name of your first pet.

BTW, since I’m sure no one actually told you this, welcome the TMC forums.

The issue is, is it a MYLR with 4680's or 2170's? I'm not even sure there is a way to show what's actually physically in the car without hoisting a MYAWDSR and a MYLR from Austin and compare the packs (from the exterior only, obviously). I mean, the 4680 is taller than the 2170 so I would assume the pack would be thicker as well. Isn't there a sticker hidden underneath the car somewhere that shows which batteries are being used?
Look up a few posts from yours. I posted all this information before you posted.

As far as the new users posting here, the information is welcome but like anything in the world, you have to prove it reliable before people trust it. You don’t get a high level job without a track record of good work and good results. The same is true here. You have great information but until there is physical proof, there will be skeptics. Hell, people are skeptical of Elon because of all the things he posts relating to dates that never happen. It’s no different here. We wish you the best with your car and once you receive them we will do all we can to help unearth what they really are. How to tell what type of battery, etc.

Reactions: DrGriz
Not sure if the gross weight is of interest or provides any Information, but just got the temp tag paperwork and it is listed as 4416.
That's what mine says too, a quick google seems to say that's the normal weight. I think we would have seen a lot of paperwork around a new model if it did have the new casting or battery. I don't really care about both as long as it was as reliable as my M3 was.

Not sure if the gross weight is of interest or provides any Information, but just got the temp tag paperwork and it is listed as 4416.

That's what mine says too, a quick google seems to say that's the normal weight. I think we would have seen a lot of paperwork around a new model if it did have the new casting or battery. I don't really care about both as long as it was as reliable as my M3 was.
Interesting, yes, that was the weight listed for the MYLR with 2170 batteries when I got my car, but I notice they now have it listed as 4363 for the MYLR on their web site.... I guess the passenger's side adjustable lumbar support accounts for that missing 53 pounds! :cool:

this is such a weak response for literally being proved so wrong, just take the L
nothing has been proven yet, but it will resolve itself one way or the other in a couple of days.

A hoaxer would definitely play the persecution angle to the hilt.

Regardless, have to imagine it's a tough week for the workers in Austin this week, pressed to meet whatever milestones are remotely achievable by the 30th. They will be enjoying their 4th holiday weekend.

this is such a weak response for literally being proved so wrong, just take the L
Excuse me, but I never accused anyone of making something up, so where was I "wrong"? Please share if I am mistaken.

People showed up here with good news and were treated with healthy skepticism, and were disappointed. Some of them took immediate umbrage.

Don't take it personally. That's all I have said.

Enjoy your new cars.

Reactions: pepperoni
there are no shortage of reasons for someone to get an account when they're in the serious shopping mode, about to order, or just past ordering.

Despite the very limited choices you have, the actual information Tesla provides on wheel choices is readable in 20 seconds. And of course the mysteries of the EDD, the highly variable cost of insurance, charging considerations, so forth.

I'd still be waiting for a LR if I hadn't read the discussion on changing the build specs while keeping prior pricing. This let me reconsider the LR and P decision and see I picked wrong before. Instead I vaulted forward when the Q1 end meant everyone near Fremont was top priority.

The good thing here is that the Q2 rush means we'll have answers by next Thursday.
Do you know if changing seat color will push back delivery date? Ordered a LR white on white Nov2021, EDD is Aug-Sept. Thinking of changing to black seats instead, but don't want to get pushed back to the end of line? Or would black seats push me forward?

Do you know if changing seat color will push back delivery date? Ordered a LR white on white Nov2021, EDD is Aug-Sept. Thinking of changing to black seats instead, but don't want to get pushed back to the end of line? Or would black seats push me forward?
I don't think anyone can say with conviction. Sometimes it's more random - you pick the color that is being built today, or you live in an area with more limited sales and your's will complete the delivery truck.

There was a clear indication in the Spring that orders with higher profit were prioritized - FSD, colors, P vs LR. On that thinking, you'd risk a slip by down grading to the black seats. Or it could be irrelevant. But if you remain on the fence about the choice, I'd stay the course and not risk a slip. You could try to reach out to the SA, but their answer may not be accurate.

Reactions: youscott and DrGriz
Regardless, have to imagine it's a tough week for the workers in Austin this week, pressed to meet whatever milestones are remotely achievable by the 30th. They will be enjoying their 4th holiday weekend.
An unannounced expansion of a production line coupled with a new EAP offering at $6K; it seems like Tesla is taking extraordinary measures this quarter to hit its financial targets. The next earnings call should be eventful.