Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y LR built in Giga Austin!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Excuse me, but I never accused anyone of making something up, so where was I "wrong"? Please share if I am mistaken.

People showed up here with good news and were treated with healthy skepticism, and were disappointed. Some of them took immediate umbrage.

Don't take it personally. That's all I have said.

Enjoy your new cars.
Well I was one of the skeptics and happy to be proved wrong. This forum is an odd place, and back in March there were a handful of attention seekers claiming to be the first recipients of Austin cars, complete with photoshopped screenshots of Austin VINs. The flurry of new accounts on the 23rd claiming to be the first recipients of MYLR cars from Austin certainly tripped my baloney detector, but a false trip it seems.

So congrats to all you new TMC members receiving MYLR cars from Austin. All 9 of you!

nothing has been proven yet, but it will resolve itself one way or the other in a couple of days.

A hoaxer would definitely play the persecution angle to the hilt.

Regardless, have to imagine it's a tough week for the workers in Austin this week, pressed to meet whatever milestones are remotely achievable by the 30th. They will be enjoying their 4th holiday weekend.
Man you are just sad. The guy literally posted his progressive insurance card showing his generated Austin VIN. Progressive checks VINs when they are added to the policy to ensure they are legit. There is no way this guy is that big of a loser that he's also falsifying insurance documents so the only person here still acting ridiculous is you. You called them sensitive for defending their statements well there is a perfect word for you. S-T-U-B-B-O-R-N. No one needs to wait for his car to show up to prove if they were right or wrong. That time has passed.

Man you are just sad. The guy literally posted his progressive insurance card showing his generated Austin VIN. Progressive checks VINs when they are added to the policy to ensure they are legit. There is no way this guy is that big of a loser that he's also falsifying insurance documents so the only person here still acting ridiculous is you. You called them sensitive for defending their statements well there is a perfect word for you. S-T-U-B-B-O-R-N. No one needs to wait for his car to show up to prove if they were right or wrong. That time has passed.
Dude people have right to be skeptical. There were bunch of weirdos with photos hopped vin for attentions earlier. It's dumb but people do that. Anything he posted can be easily photoshopped. We are all strangers here and you shouldn't trust strangers 100%

Do you know if changing seat color will push back delivery date? Ordered a LR white on white Nov2021, EDD is Aug-Sept. Thinking of changing to black seats instead, but don't want to get pushed back to the end of line? Or would black seats push me forward?
Do you have any other options on your order other than white seats? My guess is that if you have anything else on the order like Tow, 20" wheels or FSD then changing interior to black won't make a difference.

However, if your order is White Exterior, No Tow, No FSD and 19" Gemini then changing it to Black interior will make your order into a non-optioned order. Typically non-optioned orders have a 3 month longer EDD than an order with one or more options. I'm not sure if that will bump you out 3 months or not. I've never read of anyone going from an optioned order to a non-optioned order.

Reactions: youscott
Dude people have right to be skeptical.
There is polite skepticism, but that is not what I read in this thread.

If people had posted something along the lines of 'I hope this is the real deal, but past experience here makes me take a wait and see attitude. Thanks for posting, I am looking forward to hearing about delivery!' no offense would have been taken.

Instead the Zen turkey and others posted or 'liked' the equivalent of declaring these new members an organized fraud. Can you see the difference ?

Last edited:
A little humor after all the attacks suggests a forgiving nature. I would have left TMC for good.
Well, I've been attacked now by you and others. And you haven't stopped. Should I take my marbles and go home? Or just let it roll off my Teflon cape? As I pointed out, I never questioned the veracity of these posters myself, but reserved judgement. Yet you treat me as though I have called them all liars..

Let's just move on. I agree with you more than you know.

🍺🍺

Well, I've been attacked now by you and others. And you haven't stopped. Should I take my marbles and go home? Or just let it roll off my Teflon cape? As I pointed out, I never questioned the veracity of these posters myself, but reserved judgement. Yet you treat me as though I have called them all liars..

Let's just move on. I agree with you more than you know.

🍺🍺
I never attacked these snowflakes for being snowflakes these snowflakes are just too sensitive.

I never attacked these snowflakes for being snowflakes these snowflakes are just too sensitive.

"Ah yes, the ol' "haha we're not the assholes, you're the asshole for being offended by our constant taunts!" Don't admit you're wrong, or apologize, just double down on being toxic. People wonder why Tesla owners get so much hate." - Avianz

As previously stated, I hope some of the unlikely unicorns are real since it will mean a new production line at the Austin plant and more supply of Model Y's for US enthusiasts.

Reactions: KJD
As I pointed out, I never questioned the veracity of these posters myself, but reserved judgement

That was my approach as well (and honestly still is a bit.) I didn't mean to leave you with the impression that I grouped you with the Zen turkey and company -- sorry for the confusion. I responded to your suggestion that those painted as liars just shrug it off because I thought it unreasonable.

Reactions: KJD and DrGriz
That was my approach as well (and honestly still is a bit.) I didn't mean to leave you with the impression that I grouped you with the Zen turkey and company -- sorry for the confusion. I responded to your suggestion that those painted as liars just shrug it off because I thought it unreasonable.
Fair enough. I think it is a matter of degree. Stand your ground, for sure. But sometimes getting angry is just a waste of energy. Especially with anonymous people on the interwebs.

Reactions: KJD
Do you have any other options on your order other than white seats? My guess is that if you have anything else on the order like Tow, 20" wheels or FSD then changing interior to black won't make a difference.

However, if your order is White Exterior, No Tow, No FSD and 19" Gemini then changing it to Black interior will make your order into a non-optioned order. Typically non-optioned orders have a 3 month longer EDD than an order with one or more options. I'm not sure if that will bump you out 3 months or not. I've never read of anyone going from an optioned order to a non-optioned order.
If you're specifically hoping for an Austin car @youscott then changing to black seats might accelerate your order.
So far the drone squad haven't seen any white seat cars rolling out into the lots.
I wanted white seats with my Model 3, but didn't wait. So for the Y I'm waiting however long it takes :D

Reactions: youscott and Bouba