Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y LR built in Giga Austin!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you're specifically hoping for an Austin car @youscott then changing to black seats might accelerate your order.
So far the drone squad haven't seen any white seat cars rolling out into the lots.
I wanted white seats with my Model 3, but didn't wait. So for the Y I'm waiting however long it takes :D

I have the white seats in my Model Y, and it makes such a difference in the summer. In my opinion they are a must any with hot summers.

I’m happy this LR out of Texas has turned out to be the real deal. This is going to help everyone waiting for what is currently a ~8-12 months wait for LR.

I was skeptical due to all the new accounts and because of what happened on here back in February? but very pleased we have more LRs coming to market on top of the Fremont production.

I’ve already seen one report of a Texas order getting an improved EDD for later this fall and I’d assume that is because of Texas production.

I have the white seats in my Model Y, and it makes such a difference in the summer. In my opinion they are a must any with hot summers.

I've had really good results in the summer using a combination of windows open enough for ventilation, car parked facing the sun with a sun-shade, and light colored upholstery.

The Tesla white is fine if you do not mind the plastic. I dislike it intensely so I swap it out for light colored Katzkin. The price is about the same.

What did you order (P, FSD)?
MYLR, Blue exterior Black interior, no FSD and no Tow Hitch. 5 seat with the Gemini wheels.

The Tesla SA told me on the phone that my configuration would qualify for the accelerated delivery should that pop up. He said having EAP or FSD would actually prevent any accelerated delivery.

I've tried convincing my wife to go with the MYP for the sooner EDD but she's adamant on keeping with the MYLR due to the price, and would be open to a MYSR if offered.

for someone who just placed a reservation last week, can someone give me the TLDR; of why this is a big deal or not? and what is the difference between a structural and non-structural pack? Are we going to be seeing a 400+ mile range MY or something?

For now, we're expecting MYLR from any factory to be largely the same - 330 mile range.

Someday in the distant future, there may be a next-generation 4680 based MYLR that would notch up the range. No such thing appears to exist yet, and with Cyber Truck and Semi needing the limited supply of 4680 cells it might be a long time.

MYLR, Blue exterior Black interior, no FSD and no Tow Hitch. 5 seat with the Gemini wheels.

The Tesla SA told me on the phone that my configuration would qualify for the accelerated delivery should that pop up. He said having EAP or FSD would actually prevent any accelerated delivery.

I've tried convincing my wife to go with the MYP for the sooner EDD but she's adamant on keeping with the MYLR due to the price, and would be open to a MYSR if offered.
Your order date was June 25th, mine was Nov 11 2021. You're hoping for an accelerated EDD. So am I. I have the same configuration but in red color. I'm also hoping for an accelerated EDD. The difference is I have been waiting for it for nine months.

Reactions: ElectricNerd