Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y LR built in Giga Austin!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your order date was June 25th, mine was Nov 11 2021. You're hoping for an accelerated EDD. So am I. I have the same configuration but in red color. I'm also hoping for an accelerated EDD. The difference is I have been waiting for it for nine months.
From what I was told, Tesla is offering accelerated deliveries for folks in a few states. Texas and Florida are in that list. While I'm hoping for that I'm not banking on it and am fully expecting it to be into next year even though my EDD moved up to Oct-Nov.

From what I was told, Tesla is offering accelerated deliveries for folks in a few states. Texas and Florida are in that list. While I'm hoping for that I'm not banking on it and am fully expecting it to be into next year even though my EDD moved up to Oct-Nov.
Well the good news is if they accelerate to Nov you should get a 2023 model. It's a bit of a bummer if you get Oct or Nov and it's still a 2022. Good Luck!

Reactions: ElectricNerd
We don't know yet.... But if I had to guess, I'd say Fremont would be better, simply because they've been doing for years. OTOH, at end of quarter, all bets are off.
I would say you should have less alignment issues initally from fremont ( unless they changed to a better process) but the Austin plant has the new paint booth so the quality of the paint job should be much better in Austin

image.jpg

Reactions: JDEWD250 and KJD
I just checked out that vid on the 4680 Austin MY from 'Spoken Reviews' and they show the carpet coming up over the ledge all the way to the door jamb and the photos in that link above with the photos of the Austin MYLR shows plastic panel - like my Fremont MYLR. Perhaps the Austin MYLR just use the exact same parts as the Fremont MYLR and just add the parcel shelf. Perhaps the only difference is really the paint?

Deliveries on these should have started today. I get my delivery on Friday. Super anxious to finally see build details.

Anyone who sees finally sees the first details please share!
I guess they ran out of bandwidth to deliver them all by the 30th. They aren't fake delivering a day early are they?

but awesome that you're still getting it Friday, before the holiday weekend. Shiny fast toy.